• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Florida guy's going to Tenn rally

vwat45

Bicycle
I'm really trying to make this rally but have a wedding to go to on the 16th in Ohio,so kicken around trailering bike or if some one else is trailering.... So many decisions.just wondering how many Florida boys are heading up there .

Quite a few. I and at least three other Steves are going.

I have a wedding to get to in northern MN, 1100 miles away, at 2pm on the 21st. We were going to change plans and camp at the rally  trailering the Connie behind the motorhome, but the wifey is going to fly up and meet me in MN instead. Friday will be a helluva ride, but it's been done before.

Staying at the Super8.

Yes, there are quite a few of us Floridians heading north.

Being there all week is ideal, but if you can't do the whole week, slide in a bit late and enjoy the rest of the week and enjoy yourself nonetheless.

I am planning on heading up early and wandering the mountains, then roll into Johnson City Sunday afternoon.

Thanks Steve and Handy man,u guys gave me the nudge. I commute 180 mi a day five days a week and have always said that the last thing I'd be doing is going on a long trip but trailering we can do. Steve, why the super 8? Haven't checked hotels yet but aren't we getting a discount on the holiday inn?

Ranger Jim said:
The Rally Central Holiday Inn is full.

You can still get the COG rate by calling the Holiday Inn, and having them refer you to the overflow hotel.  Just might be worth comparing the price.  Or, you can also camp, as Al suggest.

As an official old fart, member of AARP, I get a 20% discount at Super8, and I believe at most other chains  affiliated in the Wyndham group. The room rate came in at about $55/night, for two people, two beds. They do include some sort of high carb breakkie and free WIFI. And it is within crawling distance.

SteveJ. said:
As an official old fart, member of AARP, I get a 20% discount at Super8, and I believe at most other chains  affiliated in the Wyndham group. The room rate came in at about $55/night, for two people, two beds. They do include some sort of high carb breakkie and free WIFI. And it is within crawling distance.

Does that AARP discount increase with age??    :nananana:

I'm on hold for the Nationals, as I have to wait till 90 days prior to request time off.
The way things are going right now at work, it looks grim.  It's a bad week to try and get off...
...my birthday week is ALWAYS like that.  WTF???

On a positive note, the RWTW Rally looks very promising.  :)

(if I can get there without heat stroke...  might be a real early departure)

Thanks for all the feed back. Yes steve I'm a senior citizen also but I have to prove it all the time cause everyone thinks I'm 40(that's the wife in the background laughing) sounds like I had better get on it with hotels, sounds like there going fast. Al  the camping is an option we have discussed, we sure have done our share of it over the years but have gotten soft as of late!

I'll be there for the whole week AND already put in vacay time for the RWTW, too.
Ya'll are going to get sick of me.  :beerchug:
I think I need more hats.

Ayup, here's another Floridjit that'll be there. Prolly ride up to Indy & Pitt for some tourist action before TN.

The SE is doing pretty good with the rally attendance numbers;
Of the 389 total registrations as of this am, 85 are from the SE.
That's getting very near 25% of the total number registered, and I couldn't be happier with that number. Couple more days to save that $10.00 by early registration folk. Get it done, and reserve your camping spot if that's your thing.

IronButtAl said:
The SE is doing pretty good with the rally attendance numbers;
Of the 389 total registrations as of this am, 85 are from the SE.
That's getting very near 25% of the total number registered, and I couldn't be happier with that number. Couple more days to save that $10.00 by early registration folk. Get it done, and reserve your camping spot if that's your thing.

as usual  :great: :beerchug:

I understand your reservations about camping. I've sat it out in my tent for a few rainstorms before. I'm very sensitive to temperature and humidity. Call me a pansy but I've got to have air conditioning, no exceptions. So I sleep in my car. My seats fold down and a twin air mattress slides right in. Then I can stay near the campfire and hang with the guys. Besides, my prius uses almost no gas even if it's on. Just an option fo ya.

BTW: I'm trailering my and a buddies bike up.

zigzag said:
I'm really trying to make this rally but have a wedding to go to on the 16th in Ohio,so kicken around trailering bike or if some one else is trailering.... So many decisions.just wondering how many Florida boys are heading up there .

We're trailering from Jax.

Heading up with the wife in tow. And subsequently the bike too. No shame or second thoughts. Must keep the Mama happy.  ;)  And that camping thing I like so much....not so much the significant other. So no Textile Hilton on this trip.  :-X  But I think we might just come over for some campfire chat. :campfire:

Mike

I am planning to go and wondering if any FL guys are into sharing a room? I have the ability to do this in a 2 days up & 2 days back format with the ability to provide free overnight lodging for one in Charlotte NC each way. It looks to be about 3 hours from Charlotte to the national. Anyone interested reply here or email me at flcerberus@aol.com with COG National in the subject line.

All right I bit the bullet on my own room. Got an overflow rate at the Ramada a block away for 63 a night non smoking with king bed.  Still have the room in Charlotte for 1 if anyone wants to ride up together.