• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FNG

^-^

Hey everyone, I'm Tim.  I just picked up a used 08 Concours 14, 9600 miles on the clock and a 2 Brothers pipe.  I've been out of the saddle for a while sadly.  I used to ride an 01 Honda CBR 600 F4I, I sold it back in 2005 in order to buy a Kaw. ZX10 but needed the money last min. because of a military transfer.

I'm married, no kids, live in the Cleveland area and am pretty much an adrenalin junkie.  I've got 13 years Navy as an Air Traffic Controller and now do that on the federal side.

I look forward to seeing what kind of mods and things I can get into.  Sadly it's the end of the riding season here but I couldn't pass up the deal. 

Ride safe!

Welcome Tim    :welcome:

First off, thank you for the time that you have served our county as part of our US NAVY.

Yes it's a shame that you acquired your C14 at the end of the riding season. But it does give you something to look forward to during the winter. Maybe get in a few rides to see what kind of modifications you might want to do over the winter.  :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum!

"Sadly it's the end of the riding season here but I couldn't pass up the deal."

there is never a end . only when it snows or turns to ice .
cant wait to up grade from my 93 connie . im jealous of you 08 .

by the way , me and my family thank you for the damm fine job you(and all your commrades) have done for us . 

Burney said:
"Sadly it's the end of the riding season here but I couldn't pass up the deal."

there is never a end . only when it snows or turns to ice .
cant wait to up grade from my 93 connie . im jealous of you 08 .

by the way , me and my family thank you for the damm fine job you(and all your commrades) have done for us .

Thanks, it was my pleasure.  The ice and snow are not far away from here, I suspect within the next month it will start.  I miss my time riding in Hawaii and SOCAL.  Year round riding seasons.  lol 

^-^
Welcome fellow SQUID.  Hope you get to get a few miles in before the Northern weather gets you.

Ride safe!

Welcome fellow squid...I'm a retired LDO CDR who put in 30 and retired in 1998 ( was enlisted up to AECS).  Not really retired though as I now put in 50 to 60 hrs per week at the big D here in Atlanta.