• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FOB Programming

larrys

Big Wheel
My buddy gave me a new FOB from his 2009 C14. Can I program that to my 09 C14? I have both original FOB's
Larry sun88y@aol.com

larrys said:
My buddy gave me a new FOB from his 2009 C14. Can I program that to my 09 C14? I have both original FOB's
Larry sun88y@aol.com

If it came with the magic number that is printed on the plastic bag it originally came in, then a dealer can do it.

Searching the site will find info on this.

larrys said:
I don't have the plastic bag or any numbers for the new keyfob....what do I do now?

Since you said that your friend gave this to you, be thankful that you didn't pay for it. Without the numbers that fob is worthless.

Conrad said:
larrys said:
I don't have the plastic bag or any numbers for the new keyfob....what do I do now?

Since you said that your friend gave this to you, be thankful that you didn't pay for it. Without the numbers that fob is worthless.

Not totally worthless... it will still work with the C14 it came from.

S Smith said:
Conrad said:
larrys said:

That's just plain mean!  :))

S Smith said:
Conrad said:
larrys said:

True, and the batteries may still be good.

So what- are the stealers opening a plastic bag with the fob in it and the numbers on it, and throwing away the bag, thus f*****G up the value of the fob for anyone else?

911ZG guy said:
So what- are the stealers opening a plastic bag with the fob in it and the numbers on it, and throwing away the bag, thus f*****G up the value of the fob for anyone else?

I can't speak for the others but when I bought my new '08, it came with both of the lil plastic bags with the numbers on them.

Conrad said:
911ZG guy said:

I can't speak for the others but when I bought my new '08, it came with both of the lil plastic bags with the numbers on them.

Mine were not in bags when I got mine. They must have removed them prior to my arrival.