• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fork Brace question

shotgunone

Tricycle
I bought a used fork brace off ebay, dumb question, the brace fits on the lower legs right below the seals correct? On the Murphs web site it states you have to remove the OEM fork protector? What are they talking about? Looks like the fork protector on the brace will fit without removing anything. Help!

Mine worked fine and I still use the fork protectors.  Or I did till one fell off and now have some foam gaiters.

Make sure you shim it right.

p.s. best handling farkle I got except for fork springs.

Shotgun,

On the 1999 and later C10's there are plastic fork protectors attached to the boss where the fork brace clamps on, so they must be removed before installing the brace.  If you have an earlier model, you won't have the protectors, so the instruction to remove them doesn't apply.

HTH,

And with that said, there are two style braces, one for '99 and up that fit in the groove that the factory fork protectors sit in, hence why you have to remove them. '98 and earlier take a different brace that clamps right below the fork seals area.

Was there a year designation for the brace you bought? They are not interchangeable.