• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Four years ago...

cuda

I have a habit of pulling up close to the fuel pumps so I don't have to get off the bike, This day I got real close, filled up and as I was pulling away to make a left turn my left saddlebag hit one of those SS poles to protect the pumps,
Well, it forced the bike to the right and I yanked it to the left... a little too hard  :mad:

Cuda real sorry about the mishap, but thank you for sharing. I have the same habit, don't get off and no side stand. Balance on my feet to get the last drop to the neck. My buddy wonders how I get such good mileage :-X
Hope your damage was just cosmetic.

I stayed on the bike while fueling for years.  Then one pump failed to click off.  Now I get off every time.  Sad but true.

smithr1 said:
I stayed on the bike while fueling for years.  Then one pump failed to click off.  Now I get off every time.  Sad but true.

I NEVER set the pump on auto and NEVER take my eyes off the tank while filling. If I want to see the pump/gallons pumped I stop pumping and look. I understand many advantages to getting off, just don't do it.

DC Concours said:
How bad was the damage?

The damage was that orange tab in the saddle bag latch area that clamps on the bike, so I did a Craigslist search, some guy out west had his bike repossessed but had the bags off ;)  I paid $400. for two black bags, my bike has one silver and one black saddle bag, I guess I should put both black ones on :beerchug:

Yeah and a young man came running over to help me pick up Tinkerbell :lol_hitting:

I'm most dangerous 1-2 MPH :banghead: