• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Frame size

M

millerized

Anyone have a bare frame laying around? Without ripping another motorcycle apart, I'm looking for overall measurements for Connie's skeleton. Not including the sub-frame or forks, but a 36-24-36 kinda measurement. Why? I'm going to build a powder-coating oven to fit a Concours. Gotta be big enough to put her bones in and if it's big enough to put the frame in, everything else should fit dandy. How does Illusion Amethyst sound. http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g
member8960.png

I could be wrong but I think I saw a bare frame in Murphs shop. Might ring him up. It could have been Rev_Rider Chuck also. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

How about making it big enough to fit a Harley F frame? There are a bunch of them lying all over the place, and surely if it's big enough for a Road Glide it's big enough for a Concours. And besides, in between jobs you can make extra money being a "faber-cater" for the Teutle clan at OC Choppers. :) OK, I joke, but seriously, unless Murph does indeed have a frame laying around, it would be real easy to find the dimensions of a Hawg frame.

I have an extra frame down in the shop. It's actually brand new (got it from ConnieParts.com). I can take a tape measure to it if you want. Let me know what dimensions you need. Dan

OA width, height and length, or just if a 3'x3'x6' oven will work. I just haven't gotten into the back yard to measure mine....even though that's where all the sheet metal is laying. That's the size I'm looking at building, but I don't want to short a side and be forced to do mopeds. (I only need it big enough to fit hitches in it, but while I'm making....) No, no HD frames in this garage. I want no part of being an enabler for that crowd, even with the money that could be involved. Besides, I do this as a hobby that is paying for some neat hobby equipment, not as a second job. Although there's a Suzi and HD coming here in a few days to be worked on, I hope not to be doing more than scraping 4yr old gas out of carbs....more money, more equipment but with less drama :p I would rather have my still attached testicles breaded and deep fried in 90w, then fed to 100 hungry rabid squirrels than have anything to do with those Toot-hole folk. All that's missing in that family is a serial killer. Amazing what Americans consider "TV" these days. :( http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g
member8960.png

toot-hole I'm reading this at work during lunch and I just shot Diet Coke out my nose. Yes, I've been here long enough that may co-workers no longer wonder about me - they KNOW I am strange.

Just came back to this thread. I'll go out and measure it and report. Also, we'll keep the Toot-hole crowd in check if I can start selling tickets to the deep-fry-a-thon. Act II with the squirrels (extra charge). Dan