• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

French GP - Spoiler

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Well, wasn't that one for the books?

I've usually got an attention span of a 2 yr old and ordinarily would have turned off yesterday's MotoGO race when it seemed to turn into a predictable parade.  However, it seems there are advantages of being stuck on the couch with a cast and a beer eh?

- I have really turned off of Stoner the last 2 years given his big mouth and distain for other riders (remember him being snarky to Rossi after R brought them both down last year?).  I do believe he is the best out there however and seems to be the best developmental rider as well.  Nevertheless, it's nice to see Lorenzo beat him fair and square and it's double nice to see Rossi (saints preserve us!!!) do the deed as well.

- I'm warming more and more to Lorenzo - while he seems like a computer he rides with precision and respect.  Good on him.

- Hayden and Spies seem destined as B class riders I fear.  Love them both, but man they seem to drift further and further back these days - bad news when your teammates are on the podium.

- Stefan Bradl is my man - watch this boy in the future when he gets a good ride.

- nice to see Michael Schumacher yakking with Rossi in the pits eh?

So, next year I imagine that Rossi will grab Stoner's bike and Crutchlow will grab Pedrosa's.  Bradl jumps to the B Yamaha and Bautista gets Rossi's old Ducati.  Right?

caption-that-sp1slide.jpg

Was a helluva race.  The way those guys can go on the wet track is amazing in itself.  And it would be great to see Rossi back on a Honda!

Nah, next year Rossi gets the Ducati handling and challenges for the championship with it, to the delight of all Italy.
Bradl replaces Stoner.
Crutchlow or Dovi moves to #2 at Yamaha, the other stays with Tech3. Depends on who performs best this year.
Marquez moves onto Bradls bike.

It was good to see Rossi enjoying himself again.
Perhaps one day soon he can exorcise the ghost of Marco.

The championship this year is between Lorenzo and Stoner.
Unless one of them gets hurt, nobody else is going to catch these 2.

Let's see if this was fluke at a wet track Rossi does well at, or can he do a podium again next race. Without him that race would have been boring. But, one wet race does not mean Rossi is back. We will see.

Interesting comments by Rossi before the coverage- staying with Ducati 'for the next couple years' and then who knows what?  It was good to see him riding aggressively again- but I was perplexed by Nicky's poor showing- he's usually quite comfortable in the wet.  Poor Ben Spies just can't seem to get that Yamaha sorted- incredible after his last season's results.

Peter- did you finally get that knee tended to (cast/couch/beer)?