• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fried Green Tomato RTE Feb 23

Tom NWGA

Got that late winter/early spring itch to ride?  :motonoises:  We've got a cure!  :great:

Join us for lunch on Feb 23 at the Whistle Stop Cafe, 443 McCrackin Road, in Juliette, GA. Site of the movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes'.

Event begins at 11 AM. Come join your fellow COG members for American Style food that includes, of course, Fried Green Tomatoes!

Owner requests RSVP one week in advance, so please register online! Hope to see you there!

COG registration link: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=180796&mo=2&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-02-28%27%7D

Brung to ye courtesy of your Georgia AAD (or is it ADHD??), Reid Yeargan and Tom Sills

Thanks Jerry.  I'll be bringing a small contingent from Valdosta.  10-15 bikes.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Volcantour said:
Looks like Juliette may have a temporary population explosion... :))

With the group that Reid is bringing, that will double the population  :D

Just an FYI, there is a pretty cool motorcycle museum across the railroad tracks in a big old warehouse.  I checked it out the last time I was there, pretty cheap to get in and some nice old bikes in there.  Check it out if you got time.

I've seen your post on the museum. I'm thinking it's worth a visit while I'm in the area.  :great:

BUMP  -  time's getting close. Be sure and register, so's you aren't left outside in the parking lot trying to find a table!

Volcantour said:
BUMP  -  time's getting close. Be sure and register, so's you aren't left outside in the parking lot trying to find a table!

Reid will fill the place up with his Valdosta cres  ;D

COGnosticat0r said:
Volcantour said:

Reid will fill the place up with his Valdosta cres  ;D
Not sure if the bunch here will want to ride that far.  Anything over 100 miles is pushing it for them.  I'll have a few anyway! :motonoises:

So, I read the thread and go, wow! Lots of people! A population explosion in Juliette!! I check the weather!!!! Pretty nice from here in N.Ga to there in central GA. So I register!!!!!! and check the count.

5  (including me)

See you there Tom! :motonoises:

ron203 said:
So, I read the thread and go, wow! Lots of people! A population explosion in Juliette!! I check the weather!!!! Pretty nice from here in N.Ga to there in central GA. So I register!!!!!! and check the count.

5  (including me)

Guess this means you have the option of eating for two...of course, that's also assuming everyone that attends actually registers...

ron203 said:

5  (including me)

That is just the norm, 5 register 20 show up  :great:

For those headed southeast to eat I'm proposing a meetup north of the intersection of Thornton Road and I-20 (sorta):

Waffle House
908 Thornton Road
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(770) 944-8292

Wheels up at 9 AM to head to Juliette by whatever route suits our fancy.    :motonoises:
I'm personally gonna need some coffee, so I plan to be there earlier...

I'm trying to make this but I've got a lot going on. Saturday is my daughters birthday, might be buying/looking for another car, and/or might have to take my parents to Warner Robins AFB. So, if the stars align, I'll be there. It's only 38 miles from my house to Juliette.

Kurt

At this point a posse of five is heading out from this coffee dispensary at 0900 for the meetup.  :motonoises:

Anyone else want to join us?

Waffle House
908 Thornton Road
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(770) 944-8292

Not sure how many will be coming with me.  Probably weather contingent for most.  I'm coming rain or shine.  Weather good and I'll have about 5 or so from here.  Leaving Valdosta around 8:00AM.  :motonoises:

I'll meander out of Gainesville about 8:30, stop for coffee in Watkinsville and tool on down 83 towards Juliette.
Ron

Really concerned that we may have to postpone this one.  Weather forcast for Saturday in Juliette is NOT looking good.  Rain and thunderstorms in the area all day.  I'm going to wait till tomorrow night or early Friday morning to see if the forecast changes.  Don't want anyone riding in dangerous conditions.  :mad:

I was wondering the same thing... Would Sunday work for most that are planning on coming at all?  Just a thought...

I am out Saturday and have prior commitments for Sunday.  I believe Reid has other commitments on Sunday also.

Sunday does look like a lot nicer day, and they are open.

Ok, I surrender! :truce:  The weather thru central Georgia is not looking better for tomorrow morning.  80% rain with thunderstorms.  I'm bailing out.  Sunday weather does look somewhat better, but I do have commitments on Sunday.  My bluegrass band is playing Sunday morning. 

If anyone else wants to go, Whistle Stop is open on Sunday.  Tom and I will post soon on a new day for a RTE.  :'(

Some other tim I wae, but really looking forward to it. I can do wet and I can do cold, but wet + cold = hypothermia. See you at the Wrenching session Tom.
Ron