• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FS Helmet Guardian, license plate helmet lock & carbon fiber look plate frame

kcguy9

Tricycle
SOLDThis mounts with security bolts, wrench included, behind the license plate to secure 2 helmets.  This item is new, and includes all that is shown in the photo.  Cost with shipping was $69.00.  Looking to sell for $45.00 shipped

Security-Helmet-Guardian-Motorcycle-Dual-Helmet-Lock-by-Helmet-Guardian-HG1.jpg

I've been looking at that but have been worried about how well it would work on the C14. What did you not like about it?

I used one on my C14 for 3 years. Now it's been on the other bike for the last year and a half. It works well for me. Although there are times where you might have to position the helmet to make sure it doesn't rest on the exhaust. I use to use the left side most of the time to avoid this.

backoutonthehighway said:
I've been looking at that but have been worried about how well it would work on the C14. What did you not like about it?

Actually I never used it, I mounted on my C10, and then took it off.  It is still as new.  Reason for sale is health problems caught up with me this winter, after 50 years of riding and I will be listing my 05 C10 when the weather is better.

backoutonthehighway said:

I actually bought one and installed it. What I did not like was the fact that when I locked the helmet to it, it moved the whole fender. You can see the pull and it's normal since the rear fender is not made of metal but rather plastic. In the meantime I bought the top box rack with the Givi mounting kit, and the plate itself has holes in it for adding two helmet locks. But I carry a Kriptonite with a 6' cable with me at all times, good enough to lock ten helmets to the bike if I want to.

I would have liked to get this, but I already went through the trouble of buying two C-10 locks, painting them, drilling holes in the underside of Phil's rack (but not all the way through), tapping the holes and mounting the locks. This looks WAY easier!