• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FS: Russell Day Long All Leather SOLD

calboy

Mini Bike
Less than 350 miles on it. I went all out on this seat in choosing their best options. I got the seat made for rider weighing more than 220 lbs. The seat is in "like new" condition. Extremely comfortable but a bit too high for me. I am 5'10" with 31" inseam. Paid $960.00. I must have $750.00 to let it go. Comes with the rain cover. Please, don't  offer me  less than what I want for it because is not gonna fly. $750.00 delivered to your door. I do not do any Paypal, Gaypal or use any other on line payment options. I am old fashioned, and the payment must be either in cash or a USPS Money Order.

I really feel for you on this one, CalBoy.  It's gotta suck to invest that much effort and money only to discover that it doesn't work for you.  $750 is a pretty darned good deal for someone; hope it goes quick!

BackInTheSaddle said:
Cal, you mention options but do not list them - what are the features/colors/etc.?  Pictures?

Black leather, dual seat with heavy duty suspension.

Attachments

• Russell 2.jpg
    Russell 2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Russell 3.jpg
    Russell 3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Russell 1.jpg
    Russell 1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 113
Trying to PM you but get internal error message. Tried twice :-[ Can you pm me with your number I'll call you.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Trying to PM you but get internal error message. Tried twice :-[ Can you pm me with your number I'll call you.

Tried to pm you and got the same error message.

Strange. I got yours and it was good speaking with you. I'm stupid and forgot to ask. My bike is an '11. Fit's yes?

Old Man on a Connie said:
Strange. I got yours and it was good speaking with you. I'm stupid and forgot to ask. My bike is an '11. Fit's yes?

It believe the stock seat is the same for all C14 models. Mine is an '08. Russell builds the seats on the original seat pan of the bike you're putting it on. I am sure it will fit your '11 model with no problems at all.

Calboy, I recently bought the bike and have been looking at seat options and was thinking hard about the day long.

We are similar in size and I was wondering how much of a difference did that seat make in increased height? Their website says that they ride a little taller than stock seat but can be handled easily by sliding up the seat when you are going to put your feet down. Would you agree with that?

Thanks for any info and good luck.

Just replied back to your PM and got the same message again dammit. Just posted up on the fit issue year to year. If anyone can confirm it will work I'll take it. I'll let you know as soon as possible. Thx.

sitiger said:
Calboy, I recently bought the bike and have been looking at seat options and was thinking hard about the day long.

We are similar in size and I was wondering how much of a difference did that seat make in increased height? Their website says that they ride a little taller than stock seat but can be handled easily by sliding up the seat when you are going to put your feet down. Would you agree with that?

It is not just a little taller. You must slide forward when at a complete stop because you have no other option. In my case is only the right foot that goes down, touching the ground at stop lights or stop signs. Even if a wanted to put both feet down at the same time it would be a very problematic task, unless you had some ballerina training and be comfortable on your tippy toes! I wouldn't recommend the seat to anybody under 6'1" tall. I am not saying a shorter guy would not find ways around it but it wouldn't be very safe or comfortable to master the technique. That's what I think.

CalBoy said:
sitiger said:

It is not just a little taller. You must slide forward when at a complete stop because you have no other option. In my case is only the right foot that goes down, touching the ground at stop lights or stop signs. Even if a wanted to put both feet down at the same time it would be a very problematic task, unless you had some ballerina training and be comfortable on your tippy toes! I wouldn't recommend the seat to anybody under 6'1" tall. I am not saying a shorter guy would not find ways around it but it wouldn't be very safe or comfortable to master the technique. That's what I think.

Thanks alot for the info.

Have you decided on a replacement seat yet?

sitiger said:
CalBoy said:
sitiger said:

I already went to Hollister and got me a custom made all leather Corbin Modular for the C14. I've had many Corbins through the years on different bikes, from BMW to Harley, and I've had great luck with them for the most part. Firmer than Russell but I don't mind that at all. I actually like it!

Thanks alot for the info.

Have you decided on a replacement seat yet?

I don't know what's wrong with the website but has been acting very strangely today.
This is what my reply was supposed to be:

I already went to Hollister and got me a custom made all leather Corbin Modular for the C14. I've had many Corbins through the years on different bikes, from BMW to Harley, and I've had great luck with them for the most part. Firmer than Russell but I don't mind that at all. I actually like it!