• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fuel filter fun:)

Smokeyjoe

Howdy:)
Happened to see a post or two concerning the fuel pump filter...so...hit the YouTube and did the change this morning. Here are a couple of pics. 2011 C14 75k...cheers!20240225_144322.jpg

Attachments

• 20240225_114956.jpg
    20240225_114956.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13
It is not that much more to get a complete rebuild kit from The Fuel Pump Factory than a filter alone. I figure it is cheap insurance as I am not excited about pulling the tank and getting into it again. While at it, pull the sending unit for the fuel gage to make sure the rubber gasket is clean and in good shape. The one on my 2009 hardened up and had corrosion on the inner metal parts because of the gasohol used by previous owner. This caused a dangerous fuel leak than dripped on the hot engine and onto the exhaust. It is well worth checking while the tank is off.

Last edited:
Not bad for 75,000k Smokey. IMO, I would not wait that long to change this in your ZG. Regarding the life of the oem pump, I have heard it should be good to over a hundred thousand. This is based on several different variables: Type of fuel used, storage of bike, fuel additives, environmental exposure..etc. Regarding the gasket on the bottom of the tank, I would replace with a new one anytime you change your fuel filter. Rubber degrades over time.

Not bad for 75,000k Smokey. IMO, I would not wait that long to change this in your ZG. Regarding the life of the oem pump, I have heard it should be good to over a hundred thousand. This is based on several different variables: Type of fuel used, storage of bike, fuel additives, environmental exposure..etc. Regarding the gasket on the bottom of the tank, I would replace with a new one anytime you change your fuel filter. Rubber degrades over time.
I agree that the fat "o" ring between tank and unit should be replaced. I picked one up at the dealer in Vallejo.