• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Full area p update available

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbojoe78

I've been riding on Steve's Full Area P Mountain Runner flash for a month now, and the newest update for the last week.

The dyno charts speak for themselves, at WOT, but not for how incredibly smooth the engine runs through out the rest of the RPM range.
I get stuck in stop and go traffic every day on my way home from work.  With my idle set for 1100 rpm's, I can idle in 1st gear, clutch out at 1000 rpm's and not notice any bucking or jerkiness at all, it just rolls along at a steady pace until I want to go faster.  It will also do the same at 1500, 2000 and 2500 rpm.  There are no flat spots or hesitations anywhere in the lower rpm's.

Over fathers day weekend, I spent 3 days riding with friends through mostly back roads in N.H., all were on Harley's except me.  Most of our riding was long stretches of between 40 and 60 mph.  Most of the time I was in 5th and 6th gear, running between 2000 and 3000 rpm's.  I know lots of you are going to say that's to low of an rpm and I was lugging it.  That would be your opinion, my opinion after riding that way was that my bike had no problem what so ever running that way.  I wasn't going from 2000 rpm and cracking the throttle in high gears, I was going 2000 rpm and giving it throttle to find, every time, that the bike just reacted to my throttle input and smoothly pulled forward.  On one ride of just over 100 miles after filling up the tank and resetting the MPG display I got 53.6 mpg.

Any time I decided to play a little and roll the throttle up the acceleration was instantaneous and incredibly strong.

After the latest upgrade last week, it pulls even faster and I find myself having to shift that much quicker to keep up with it.  Steve did a great job at getting rid of the decel popping too, keeping it quiet while going through town is easy, no more popping between gears, just smooth effortless shifts.

The big exhaust will add a bunch of power to the bike, Steve's flash keeps it right where you want it ... all the time!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.