• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garmin Nuvi 265 with TechMount Center GPS Mount

aftp302

Big Wheel
So I just started the process of adding a few things to my new C14.  I bought the TechMount GPS mount along with the Quick Release plate and installed this past weekend.  Then I went to see about mounting the cradle from my Nuvi 265 to the Quick Release plate, and voila an issue.  I did not realize the "amps" bolt pattern on the Quick Release plate was not compatible with all GPS (silly me for assuming).  The cradle for my Nuvi has no bolt holes at all, nor is it even flat so that I could drill the holes myself.

Seeing as I can't be the first person to try this install, I figured I'd turn here and see if anyone had mounted this type of GPS using the TechMount system.

It would be nice to just be able to purchase a second (flat) cradle that I could mount so the GPS unit was truly interchangeable between car and bike.  I can't seem to find any cradles online other than the direct factory replacement which would be like the one I have, not flat on the back.

Thanks in advance!

I use the Ram Mount and they have the cradle for all the models of GPS's. I bought two cradles for my two bikes that are fixed mounted and I use the standard mount that came with the unit for the cars. My GPS is a 265W.

www.ram-mount.com

Rash

I just posted some pictures of my Garmin 205 Nuvi.  I used the RAM mount.  As of 7/1/2011, look on page one in this forum.  It's titled Satellite Radio, Radar, GPS, and Power Socket Install.
Doug

there is a great site called themountguys.com    check it out  I found a powerd mount for a nuvi 500 and with an easy mount mod it works great,lots of miles,no trouble.