• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gas Cap Mount

Piston720

Does some have the part number for the mount that fastens to the gas cap.
The one I fine is part #ACM-HB462, it states that it fits all Hondas and BMW's.
Sold through KAPSCOMOTO on Amazon.ca
Thanks

Just one more question.
It is all mounted but I would like to bend the mounting face towards me about 30*.
Has anyone bend this metal/Aluminum?
It seems fairly rigid and I was leery on applying to much force.
I would like to bend it just above the bottom slot where it has a horizontal cut already 1/2 way through.
Is it possible or will the metal fatigue and break?

Piston720 said:
Just one more question.
It is all mounted but I would like to bend the mounting face towards me about 30*.
Has anyone bend this metal/Aluminum?
It seems fairly rigid and I was leery on applying to much force.
I would like to bend it just above the bottom slot where it has a horizontal cut already 1/2 way through.
Is it possible or will the metal fatigue and break?

If you bend it, the powdercoat will crack.

Instead of bending, why not substitute a single nut and bolt with washer arrangement for the thumbscrews? A nylon locknut would work well here. This will allow you to tilt up the bracket to an angle of your choice.

That is so simple, it hurts that I did not think of it.
I could not get past trying to incorporate the rubber washers, on the thumbscrews, for any vibration issues.
Thank you.