• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

gas tank ring mounted bags ?

mtc1966

Moped
who has one and what brand opinions wanted . leaning towards a givi setup but not sure what else is available.

I have a bags connections trial ql that I use on long trips.  I like it save that my arms are short and I tend to have to roll my shoulders forward to the bars. 

Tactical_Mik said:
I have a bags connections trial ql that I use on long trips.  I like it save that my arms are short and I tend to have to roll my shoulders forward to the bars.

that bag looks promising but the kit says grinding of gas cap is needed that makes me think no.

mtc1966 said:
Tactical_Mik said:

that bag looks promising but the kit says grinding of gas cap is needed that makes me think no.

Not that I have heard. IIRC, They said you may need to Dremel the mounting ring before you install it on the tank. Not the gas cap itself.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4945

I just bought a Bags connection SW moto ring mount set up. So far I like it. But I went to a smaller bag. Mike I have a Trial QL bag (brand new) sitting on the shelf if you want a large bag for much cheaper than Twisted Throttle. You would have to buy the ring though. I'm using mine with the smaller bag.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/36140/ITEM/Cortech-Dryver-Tank-Bag.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Cortech Dryver works great for me.

+1 for Bags Connection.  I am not advocating this particular bag but it's my favorite of 3 bags that I have.  It's well made and extremely functional.  http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1117/341/  The other two bags are a Cortech 17L and a Nelson Griggs something or other.  Now that I have two bikes, I really wish I'd gotten the locking tank ring kind since this bag will not work on my 2nd bike (that has a non-magnetic tank).

I think Bob and I will have to start a museum of spare 'stuff' someday. :sign0085: 

BJ_CT said:
+1 for Bags Connection.  I am not advocating this particular bag but it's my favorite of 3 bags that I have.  It's well made and extremely functional.  http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1117/341/  The other two bags are a Cortech 17L and a Nelson Griggs something or other.  Now that I have two bikes, I really wish I'd gotten the locking tank ring kind since this bag will not work on my 2nd bike (that has a non-magnetic tank).

I think Bob and I will have to start a museum of spare 'stuff' someday. :sign0085:

Ain't that the truth!  :))

dave said:
what year conc?  I am experiencing mounting issues w/ my 09' and the givi tank loc

IIRC, he preferred a Blue 2010. But he wound up buying a black 2011. But it wouldn't really matter since they both use the tank bag plate in place of where the 08-09 glove box is.

as  Bob said 2011 mounting couldn't have been any easier . the bag quality is top notch. very happy with my choice and would recommend this setup to others

mtc1966 said:

For what it's worth concerning the Bags Connection tank ring, most of the info at Twisted Throttle's website about Dremeling the ring is for '08-'09 C14s.
It's for clearance of the glove box. I put the electric ring on my '10 C14 without extra spacers, without any grinding or cutting, and the little fitting adjustment
kit that TT indicated I'd need, was not needed. There is some minor drilling of the bottom of the bag, the mating ring that goes on the bottom
has a front to back range of where it can be mounted. This allows you to adjust it so that you can avoid hitting the horn button at full lock even if you have
risers (Murph's anyway). The Trial QL sits just above the tank (when empty) and mounting couldn't be any easier. I've yet to hook up the electric or use the
bag on a trip so I'm not ready to give it a top recommendation but I just wanted to clear up the mounting issues for '10s and '11s, there aren't any that I could find.