• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Genetti Hotel and Area Review

ConcoursKZ

Sport Tourer
I am in Central PA all the time for work. From Williamsport to Lewistown. I had to be in Sunbury for a couple days so I stayed in Williamsport and figured I would give a review of the Genetti and area.

Room: I stayed in room 433 which was a single room with a full bed. Room was very clean and small. Basically a bed, 40 inch tv, small desk with an upright chair, small refrigerator, microwave, pod style coffee maker that takes a specific style of pod, (K Cup will not work if you plan on bringing your own). The supplied coffee is excellent and is a large cup not the standard room shot glass of coffee. Excellent tea option. (Earl Grey and Lipton). The only chair in the room is the upright desk chair. Great ceiling fan and air conditioner was not too loud and you can hear the tv when on. Was able to get room below 70 without a problem.

Bathroom: Small vintage bathtub, excellent water pressure and hot, very good shower head, quality towels, small toilet, virtually no shelf space, small sink with small staging area, tight area, very clean, excellent shampoo and soap, good fan which allowed mirror not to steam over.

Closet: Large and plenty of space. 

Dresser; Small

Pool: It is an outside pool with great chairs to lay out. My Wife likes an outside pool. Extremely clean pool and area. 4 or 5 canopy umbrellas for outside sitting.

Breakfast: Excellent breakfast buffet with large seating area. French toast, Biscuits and gravy, Sausage, Cheese and Plain Grits, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Home Fries, Various Eggs, Good Fruit (Not previously frozen) Real Orange Juice, Great Coffee, Baked Beans, (yes I said Baked Beans). This is a big step up from a standard hotel set up. Staff was on top of it and all was fresh. Good enough quality that I would eat it daily and it is included.

Bar; Beer is very cold and a lot of options. Several drink specials and good prices. I had a Hamburger and it was fresh ground and i felt comfortable ordering it medium rare. They are remodeling some of the bar. I would say it could hold easily 100 patrons or more. Good appetizer menu also and the french onion soup was good. The bar itself is square and seats about 25 or 30.

Hotel Overall: Old place with lots of history. very well maintained and the people that work there are on top of it. My room was small for my wife and I. it might get really cramped for 5 nights. If you are traveling with someone look at a larger room. If you work while you travel the desk is very small. Internet connection is excellent and i watched NetFlix without issue.

Parking: There is a large private parking lot that would work well for a COG event.

Surrounding area: Several bars have outside music and great outside dining that are easy walks from hotel. I ate at Brickyard restaurant and Ale house. Huge appetizers, attractive staff, two beer size options, Frosty Mug, many taps, willing to let you try anything without making you feel like a pest, and made fresh food. Good Juke Box.I would rate this place a 4.5 out of 5. Indoor and outdoor seating with a good blues band.

I walked in other places that were a stones throw from the Hotel and they all looked excellent.

Area around Hotel has a lot of one way streets with no right turn on red. Streets and surrounding area roads are in excellent shape.

Susquehanna River runs through the town with a great bike and walking trail. It is a beautiful river and park.

I love the area and have spent the last several months in the area. Anyone on the bubble about going to the National that has never been in this area you really need to go. This is a great area with a lot of surrounding stuff to visit. I cannot think of a better place to ride. Beautiful topography and mornings are always cool.

There is also great fishing in the area including Golden Rainbow Trout. Amazing looking fish. Google it.

Feel free to add stuff and i will over the next few months.

I first stayed at the Genetti for the COG spring fling. I think your review of the hotel is spot on. I’ll add that it was was interesting if not odd that the room door, bathroom door and closet  door all open into the same space, so you will clang them a few times. The room doors also have an interesting pocket feature which I assumed was for dry cleaning from a bygone era. The elevator was very old but also very fast. Sort of like a C-10.  :nananana:

I was so impressed with the Williamsport downtown and food options and of course the fantastic local riding, that I have since returned just to stay and ride the area for the weekend.  I think newcomers to the town are going to be impressed. 

ConcoursKZ,
Very nice review. Thank you for taking time to share with everyone...……

The Genetti is an older property and the rooms vary greatly. You mention your room being small, one time we had a room that we could have square danced in!
Look at there website for more info.
http://www.genettihotel.com//accommodations/

The rooms back by the pool are more conventual Motel Rooms.

Don't be afraid to ask the front desk person questions about the different types of rooms.

BOOKS THOSE ROOMS.
jason

Tony K said:
Whats the parking like at the hotel ?

There will be NO TRAILER/truck parking in the Hotel lot...…………
They will be at an offsite lot 3 blocks away.
jason

rode thru there and gassed up, every trip I made to Wellesboro when i lived in Va., nice cool town,

I am stoked for next year, being sooo close..

I assume the trailer parking thing is about  trailers being hauled behind cars and trucks... you think there will be an issue with the m/c pulled 'mini toter trailer' being pulled by a bike? Just curious, as it's actually smaller than a 'smart car' in footprint, and can be locked to a handy tree, or post.

I have almost a year to figger' it all out, :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: