• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Give Me A Break

dirt_biker

dirt biker / Street rider / off roader
The first 12,000 mi. my breaks worked perfict, :beerchug: after that they progresed to the point of pulsing so bad it was shaking the bike, :-\ took it to the dealer and they checked it out. both the front and back needed new rotors and pads, they contacted moma Kaw to get aproval, they said yes to all. 8)
when I pick up the bike they said the pad were not covered ??? and the guy that got the aproval no longer worked there and did not have his info from Ma Kaw, I raised a little HELL, long story short we settled on cost plus 15% for the pads. >:D
I was willing to pay for the pads from the git go but when they said it was cover that was cool with me, all in all turned out good as they put 2011 Pads and rotors on my 2009 C14  ( big improvement over the 2009 stuff, better feel and stonger stopping power and very smooth and no noise or dust  :) what a differance form when it was new).

I believe the pad material was changed in 2010 and the rotors were upgraded in 2011 with different carrier hubs.

I had some problems on my 2008 with front brake pulsations, but the 2010 hasn't shown any problems so far.