• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Glory Hole Breakfast Ride...Short Notice

CRocker

Gotta do it now...or wait till next year!  Saturday, Nov 1...meet at the RTD lot on the NW corner of I-70 at exit 259...upper end of lot...across from the gas station...say...8:45am...depart at 9am...go up through Idaho Springs...Empire...Winter Park...Granby...to Hot Sulphur Springs...should get there around 10:45am...  Anybody from other areas could just meet there...return route is up for discussion...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33479-d1892685-Reviews-Glory_Hole-Hot_Sulphur_Springs_Grand_County_Colorado.html

Any brave souls out there...?

CRocker said:
Gotta do it now...or wait till next year!  Saturday, Nov 1...meet at the RTD lot on the NW corner of I-70 at exit 259...upper end of lot...across from the gas station...say...8:45am...depart at 9am...go up through Idaho Springs...Empire...Winter Park...Granby...to Hot Sulphur Springs...should get there around 10:45am...  Anybody from other areas could just meet there...return route is up for discussion...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33479-d1892685-Reviews-Glory_Hole-Hot_Sulphur_Springs_Grand_County_Colorado.html

Any brave souls out there...?

Ya do know it's gettin downright cool in the mountains these days, dontcha Brad?

I'd love to go, but we gotta pickup our half-cow on Sat...but thanks for the tip on Glory Hole!

Somebodies gotta say it.....the whole title of this thread could go so wrong so fast....  :rotflmao:

Good luck with the ride...  :beerchug:

gPink said:
Somebodies gotta say it.....the whole title of this thread could go so wrong so fast....  :rotflmao:

Good luck with the ride...  :beerchug:

Hell, that's part of why I clicked on it - I just had to see what Brad meant by "Glory Hole"! (Especially out here!) hahahah

Glory Hole!? 
eek1.gif
lol8.gif
eek.gif

gPink said:

OMG...THAT's what that sign says? I know exactly where that is - there's a disc golf course just down the road from it - I could never read the sign!

Well, it was lonely today...at the meeting point...

It was cold on the ride...mid thirties on Berthoud Pass...11,300 feet...a few patches of ice on the roadway...

At the Glory Hole, the coffee was hot...and the food and service was outstanding...250 miles round trip for a breakfast burrito...

'Nuff said...

Attachments

• Glory Hole Ride 001.jpg
    Glory Hole Ride 001.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Glory Hole Ride 002.jpg
    Glory Hole Ride 002.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 113
Yea sorry Brad.
I had a little misfortune on my way in the morning that I will post in the CDA section when I get over the embarrassment of it. :mad:
I really wanted to go on that ride.

Well...I guess any reply like I 'm thinking would only reinforce what gPink said...

Yes, I had a great time...  The food and service were awesome!  Pretty sure you would have enjoyed it too! :truce: