• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GLOW IN THE DARK HELMET

There are one or two of these being ridden around locally.  They really are amazingly conspicuous - particularly in city traffic where the pilot is often turning his head and moving in and out of streetlights.

I wonder what it looks like on a dark country road?  It's not even outrageously overpriced, though it is on backorder at the moment.

Personally Doc, I wouldn't be wearin' that helmet in rural areas down here.

You'll get shot, swearing you're an Alien!

Man that is sweet...I bought a flat black HJC and was thinking about getting some of that paint for a nice "highly visible @ night" design painted on it....hrmmm.

That is cool.

Now Scorpion at a manufacturer expo in 2010 was supposed to bring helmets stateside that had glow in the dark graphics on their matte finish models. Hadn't seen or heard of those on the street yet, but haven't been looking hard either. I thought they already had them going in Europe.

Of course waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a green glow coming from the closet may be slightly unnerving at first LOL

I have one of those neon colored Scorpion EXO 900's.  It's not a glow in the dark, but maybe the next best thing.  My friends tell me they can see it about a half mile away.  It is not my best or most quiet helmet but it can be seen from a long distance.  I wear it on group rides or in bad weather.

Attachments

• yellow helmet.jpg
    yellow helmet.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 88