• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Going to the National!!

texasjoepig452

Well ladies and gentleman...the time has come. I am leaving early on Monday, June 5 to start my journey to the National.
Going from Yellowknife, NWT to Peace River, Alberta on Monday. This will be a long day(10 hours) as most times the first stop would be High Level, Alberta. Due to major wild fires and evacuations, every hotel is full in High Level.
Head to Edmonton, Alberta on Tuesday and then the Bike gets its first service on Wed. I already changed the rear gear and engine oil once due to the distance to Edmonton(1400 km)
Thursday, I head to the US border near Bonners Ferry, ID. One more overnight on Friday, not sure where yet. Depends on how the body is feeling by that time.
Sat, June 10, Canyonville!
On the way home I will be passing through Seattle and into British Columbia, on to Alberta and then the NWT. Should be epic!
I have not been into the USA since 2019 due to COVID, lock downs and that other crazy stuff.

The last time I did a trip this long was 34 years ago! I went from Toronto, Ontario and crossed the border at Port Huron, Michigan. Around the bottom of Chicago, into South Dakota, finally into British Columbia. I was transferring from Ontario to go help open a restaurant. I left in April on a 1989 Suzuki Katana 600!
I hit every kind of weather, froze my ass off, but man was it great. By the time I made it to BC the tires were bald, the chain was toast but I have never forgotten the experience.
Anyway see ya all there!!

Safe Travels!! Look forward to seeing and meeting you! I love the area where you live! Just beautiful up there!! :cool: (y)

Your forum name really threw me for a loop Joe. You sounded like a Texan but was sporting tales from the great Northwest Territories.
So confusing - I'm sure there's a story.

Ride safe and hope to meet up with you at the rally Texas Joe, or NWTerritory Joe - Uughh, see what I mean! šŸ„“