• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good luck to the C14 Iron Butt contestants

Fred H.

The 2011 Iron Butt started on Monday. Wishing good luck to the C14 riders!

Roger Sinclair, 12th place finisher veteran from Virginia, riding a Kawasaki Concours 14
Kurt Dix (Florida) riding a Kawasaki Concours 14

http://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=67

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
The 2011 Iron Butt started on Monday. Wishing good luck to the C14 riders!

Roger Sinclair, 12th place finisher veteran from Virginia, riding a Kawasaki Concours 14
Kurt Dix (Florida) riding a Kawasaki Concours 14

http://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=67

Interesting...
I just talked with roger about a month ago, and he said he wasn't gonna ride the C14 this time....hehehehe he must have listened to me when I told him his GS would never make it....
Thanks for the heads up, I need to see if he has a 'Spot tracker', and keep an eye on him.... He ran damned well for a first run in the last IB, he told me of all the mechanical problems he encountered....what a niightmare, he pulled the fuel pump 3 times, got hosed for 4 hours on the west coast trying to get a tire on, and of course all the idiosycrasies that go with that stuff...

good kid, I wish him well.....

OMG...he's showing true colors...making a run for HYDER ALASKA....

http://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/2011.cfm
wow.

update:
just got off the phone with Roger, he has hit Hyder Alaska, and is on the way back down to the states to hit Washington tonight I believe, he's south of prince George British Columbia right now, and has xxx miles to go tonight...
just a headsup....

He does not have a 'spottracker" marker on the IBA site, he refused to let his opponents know his movements...  :))
but when he stops tonight he will send me the link for his Spot tracking sat, so I can see his path.

I'll give a heads up when I get the tracker..
I also told him to call me if ANYTHING arises, and I'll try to hook him up with the nearest COG folks to his position..... so anyone willing to 'be available" keep an eye on this thread for a week, and hopefully he won't need anything, but hopefully all y'all have the correct phone number in the COG directory....just in case.... :)

I think he will do well.... :)

I think that was a misprint, I think Kurt is on a 2003 C-10  (not the fastest, but the most reliable color over long distances!)

MizzouMike said:
I think that was a misprint, I think Kurt is on a 2003 C-10  (not the fastest, but the most reliable color over long distances!)

It seems as if there were a couple misprints on who is riding what....
Roger called me late last night as he was approaching the US border near Washington, (I think he needed to talk a while to ward off the fatigue heheheh), he's NOT riding the C14 this run, he's on his old GS (pictures coming shortly), which is wired and farkled more than the gnarliest cOG bike that i have ever seen, 3 or 4 gps units, a couple bluetooth units, 5 mp3 players, 2 radios, laptop, 4 sets of aux lights, and more mirrors thean the "Quadrophenia" bike...

:))
he didn't text me (duh) the link for the spot tracker yet, I think when he hit the bed last night/this morning he shut down for a while...
Oh, he said he hit Hyder first, and never saw hide nor hair of the other 2 blokes that headed there on the trip up and back... hmmmm
I'll let you know any updates when I get them...

Right now, roger is about 250 miles behind the last person crossing.....hehehehehe that is visible on the spot tracker.
simply amazing.
:-X :-X
>:D :rotflmao:

I had the good fortune to meet John Stamps (number 24) an Iron Butter.
WP_000180.jpg
^-^

He was traveling south on Route 1 in NJ. I was on the way home from my inlaws house. my wife was with our daughter in the cage, and I decided to ride. Anyway John was on his way to Trenton, NJ (the State Capitol) to snap a picture as part of the rally (That's the capitol building behind him in the picture) .  Since I live 9 miles north and East in Hamilton, NJ I figured I'd hook up and ride down with him to keep him company and chat with him before he was on his way. We stopped off in Trenton and he snapped his picture, updated his log book - then I showed him a quick (toll free) way south on Rt.1 to I95 south and we parted ways.  His next stop was Wilmington, DE.

Good luck John Stamps, my life is richer for having met you.  8)

I'm watching Roger Sinclair right now, his spot is 30 minutes from the end checkpoint....he has till 10 west coast time to arrive....
I have been keeping him going every night with cross country conversation, to keep him awake and sharp when he starts to drift....
I think he is set to be a winner right now, and I'm really proud of him!!!
He has collected the 4800 points for Alaska, he'll get the 4800 points for getting in all the states, and he'll get huge bonus points for all the capitols he grabbed on this last leg....
I'll let you know who won in a couple hours!!!