• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from Athens, GA

accbiker

I have been lurking here for the better part of a year now and decided that I should sign up to be "official".

My name is David from Athens, GA.  I bought my 2010 C14 last September.  Primarily bought it for long distance rallys and other trips that I take throughout the year.  Riding 1,000 a day on it is not uncommon.  Enjoy a good mix of slab and twisty riding on it.

I have made some subtle changes to it over the past year to better accommodate the long distance aspect.  Installed Murph's risers, a low Sargent seat, hardwired the GPS to one of the auxiliary leads, an Euro style taller windshield, and a set of Ronnie's highway pegs.  After a year of ownership, I am very pleased with the purchased (considered the ST1300 and FJR before pulling the trigger on this).  The bike is just getting broken in as far as I am concerned.

-David
Athens, GA

David:

I'm just south of you in Greensboro, only I'm on a C10.  So if you see a red C10 there, it might be me.  I ride there often, to eat out, shopping, or picking up things.  But this heat has me riding far less recently, hoping for some cooler weather.