• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from far west Chicago Suburbs

jdsvinmoto

Big Wheel
Hi everybody! Today, I rode home my first connie: Red 1990 model. I stumbled across the Concours via friend recommendations, and my developing desire to find a machine that is more friendly for 2 up riding and sport touring. This model is very clean, missing a fairing fastener here and there, and so far appears to have been maintained well. I am coming to her with an open mind, and expect to learn her secrets as I methodically flush the fluids and get to know the beast. I sold a very tall and very fun KLR650 to help purchase my Red Connie. KLR is (was) a fun machine, and I do miss her. Connie is a different animal (duh!), and the ride back has been promising of the sport touring I have been thinking about for the last two or so seasons. I have some observations about the front brakes, but I will hold that for an other forum. My other moto pursuits include vintage machines (this one is close enough), thumpers, and ice riding. I look forward to learning from the community, sorting out that front brake, and getting out to ride more this season! Best, John

Welcome John, You will find many keep both the klr and the connie to suit different moods. Maybe someday you can too. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. PS: Sorry you just missed the nationals rally in your back yard sounds like. Photos[/url]