• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from Los Gatos, CA

jh1115225

Big Wheel
Hello,

I got a 2001 Concours (C10) about 3 weeks ago. The last owner put 50,000 of the 53k on the bike and kept it in good condition. I'm loving it so far. It does weigh a bit more than my last bike, a Suzuki DR200SE (270#). I still need to apply for CDA, twice on the left and three times on the right in the parking lot. :eek: Being 5'4" doesn't help, ha ha, but the connie is not as bad to pick up as I thought. Murph's Tip Over Bars are on there now. A little forethought goes a long way in parking the bike.

I'm planning a trip to Montana to visit friends and take some picture in Yellowstone. Will be leaving in a few days. I have about three weeks before Summer Session starts up again at West Valley Community College, where I just finished my first year. I guess you don't see too many 19yr olds on C10's. The Concours should be a bit more comfy for the trip compared to the little Suzuki, having toured on that formerly.

Summer is coming.... ride safe!

Joseph

:welcome:  Joseph!

19 is on the lower end of the age demographics for Concours riders. But your just as welcome!!!

I have to ask. Was the  "twice on the left and three times on the right in the parking lot", all in the same occurrence!  :)

Haha, not quite :D then I'd really deserve a CDA. I did try welding up the pegs and mounts at school, but the die cast aluminum didn't seem to be very weldable. Metalworking and machining is a hobby, along with film photography...another few things where I'm in the lower age spectrum.  :)

Welcome, Joseph,

I live in the Central Valley, but commute to Moffett Field during the week.  There are quite a few others in the area, too.  Enjoy the Connie, maybe I'll see you out there!  ^-^