• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

gripes

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
For the most part I do like the new forum.  My one gripe at this point is that when I post to a thread I get drooped on the home page instead of staying in the thread or even the list of unread posts that I'm trying to catchup on.  Better than the old forum where I had to click the back button several times though.

sawfiler said:
For the most part I do like the new forum.  My one gripe at this point is that when I post to a thread I get drooped on the home page instead of staying in the thread or even the list of unread posts that I'm trying to catchup on.  Better than the old forum where I had to click the back button several times though.

Oh no... If you get drooped, something is really wrong.

FWIW - Look in your settings... there is something you can chage to keep you in the thread.

Modify Profile _> Look and Layout
Return to topics after posting by default.

Done and thank you
PS I am the worlds worst speller and a spell check wont help if it is a good word used wrong

Also if you are quoting and posting a rather lengthy answer or comment etc.. and it is long enough that the sentencing or paragraph is longer than the allowable room on the "type box". (The one that you are actually typing in). Once past the point in which you would expect the box to either increase in size or just generally move down to accommodate the extra verbage, like now, the box does something rather weird, rude and disconcerting......
. it bounces and you can not see what you are typing unless you are actually fast enough to see what you are typing.

Try typing beyond the screen and you will see what I am talking about. Yo....

But I really do love the spell check. It makes me look not as dumb.... HA!!!

2linby said:
Also if you are quoting and posting a rather lengthy answer or comment etc.. and it is long enough that the sentencing or paragraph is longer than the allowable room on the "type box". (The one that you are actually typing in). Once past the point in which you would expect the box to either increase in size or just generally move down to accommodate the extra verbage, like now, the box does something rather weird, rude and disconcerting......
.it bounces and you can not see what you are typing unless you are actually fast enough to see what you are typing.

Hard to believe Bob!  >:D

Looks fine to me on Chrome, what browser are you running Bob?
I'll see if I can replicate

There was a well known bug in IE that caused some text boxes to do weird things, have you updated your browser to the latest? It's a free update from MS.  Or better yet switch to a better browser like FireFox or Chrome... both of which are also free.

2linby said:
. it bounces and you can not see what you are typing unless you are actually fast enough to see what you are typing.

Well I am now looking at the "box" through Google Chrome and no issues with the bouncing.

And No I was not drinking last night...... Well maybe just a little......  :p

In your Windows browser, go to "tools" and select "compatibility view".  That should fix the bouncing I believe.

He said he is using Windows 7 (of course he may have meant IE7 instead).  If using Windows 7 and IE8 then he should have compatibility view available.  If he is actually using IE7 then he shouldn;t have the problem I don;t think.