• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Grips

I always ran a.set of grip puppies over the originals. Made the grip fatter( which I liked) and reduced the vibes that made it up there. They always fit tight so u never had to.deal with glue/hair spray and peeling the old ones off...

I also have used the Pro grip that Murph sells. I have used them on at least four different bikes and they just worked well for what I wanted.
So the ones Murph sells are they closed end and you have to cut the ends open to fit on the bars. The grips currently on the bike look like the one on Murphs site.

So the ones Murph sells are they closed end and you have to cut the ends open to fit on the bars. The grips currently on the bike look like the one on Murphs site.
Everyone has their own taste as to what's comfortable. If they are indeed Murph's grips and you want to try something else, I get it. I could change my grips in a matter of minutes. The wonders of air from my compressor makes quick work of that.
As to Murph's grips themselves. To be honest, I don't remember if you need to cut the ends or not for the C10 bar ends. But even if so, those grips are soft. So a quick trim with a razor blade or such will handle that. I've done it before for grips. I just do not remember if Murph's required it or not. Probably so. Either way, not a big deal. And those grips I found to be very comfortable. I've used them on a few different bikes. So If you try a different grip. Maybe hang on to the original grips just in case.

I've been using the Grips that Murph sales for many year/many bikes.
They would be on the C-14 now if I didn't have to give up my heated grips.
I really like the way the OEM heaters work.

Ride safe, Ted