• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hard seat

bigjimbo1957

Training Wheels
Maybe I'm just used to my cushy Goldwing saddle, but the Corbin seat on the C10 I just bought feels like sitting on a piece of plywood. Is this common? Bikes owned: 1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate 1982 Honda Goldwing Standard 1987 Kawasaki Concours Christian Motorcyclists Assoc# 121903 GWRRA # 254355 GWRRA NJ Classic Wings Representative

The Corbin seat for the Connie that I have is very much a sport style seat; hard, slick and minimal padding. I had my stock seat custom fitted for me and only will break out the Corbin when I want to really play in the mountains. If you are missing the cushy saddle, you may want to look online for an original seat or just a pan and have it custom built. Several folks do this, but most require the pan.

I have 2 Corbin seats. I have one that I keep thinking I will send to get modified as a Russell seat. One is hard and I mean hard. The other is the one I use now and is comfortable. The stock seat was too soft for me and the spare Corbin I have is too hard but the one I am using now is the most comfortable. It is not perfect but it is good for 300 to 500 miles days. By adding a simple beaded seat pad from Whitehorse Press I was able to extended those days to 1000+ miles. If anyone is going to do the beaded seat, get a regular beaded seat from Walmart and cut down to size. The one I have now is a XL seat pad from Whitehorse Press as noted above. It lacks extension down around the sides of my legs against the seat. My legs are directly against the seat and develop hot spots. Keep in mind I ride with First Gear Over pants and usually get the hot spots during warm weather. So the short, I have found differences between the 2 corbin seats I have. Both were bought used so I do not know if either had special options put into them. I find a beaded seat pad works well to extended my riding.

A friend og mine bought a Suzuki Bandit with a Corbin seat. It is as hard as stone. He bought a OEM seat and has the Corbin up for sale.

I have a russell, a corbin , and a rick Mayer. I like the Mayer head and shoulders better than the others, BTW, IIRC russell won't modify the corbin, they only work from stock pans. Steve

Add me to those who ditched the rock hard Corbin, and went to a different seat. I bought a like new stock seat and for the most part find it to be fine for me. I bought a beaded seat for the corbin to make it bearable, and now that I'm planning on a 2 day trip to Daytona from IL, I figure the beads will make the trip and get pulled out if I need them.