• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Has anyone ever used a Vemar?

Looking for a new helmet, and having an oval head, I'm considering the Vemar Jiano from Revzilla for about $300. The helmet appears to be of good quality, and the one that I tried on, fit my oval melon nicely.

It's a modular, had the quick release european style buckle system, the drop down sun visor, and is a carbon fiber/fiberglass mix. It's a heavier helmet, but I have a large head and generally don't get too concerned with the weight of a helmet, comfort and functionality is the larger issue.

Has anyone had any experience with this hemet? They do offer it with a built in bluetooth system, which, although I'm looking for a bluetooth system as well, I'm going to pass on this one. I'll probably go with the Clear system reviewed elsewhere on this forum.

Any input is welcomed.

I ready that article a couple of times, as well as reviews on other sites. All seem very favorable to the Jiano.

Just wanted to hear from someone firsthand who might have had some experience with one.

Go to web bike .com. they have the best helmet reviews i have seen. right now they have a writeup on the brand you are interested in on the homepage.

I own a Vemar Jiano, and was using it until this past spring, about 4+ years. I thought the lid was well built, secure and not overly noisy, compared
to other modulars. The best thing that I liked about the Jiano is the space from the chin bar to my chin, I had more room than other modulars, and
I had tried on all others before settling on the Vemar. Quality build, good fit and finish, and I found it to be true to size. If you've tried one on, and
know your size, I'd shop around for a better price, JMHO. The only reason I didn't buy another Vemar is because the Schuberth C3 fit great, light weight
and smaller in diameter (noticeable less wind resistance), but double the price..