• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Has anyone tried Bridgestone S20 tires?

jwolffie

Bicycle
It is new tire time soon. I don't ride in the rain and I do ride spirited so extra grip would be nice. I know they will probably wear quicker too. Has anyone tried them yet?

i have the bt-016 pro's on my bmw s1000rr.  the s20 are an upgrade to the pro's.  these tires are for 440 pound sportbikes.  for hard street riding and an occassional track day. the connie will eat them in less than 2,000 miles, if you don't push.  if you want a sticky tire in the sport touring arena, go with the shinko verge.  air them up to 44 pounds and you may get 4,000 miles, if you ride slow to moderate. when the need arises you can strafe the corners. mileage is poor but  they are absolutely great. total confidence in the corners, you will grind your pegs away, with no fear.  now i have a front pr3 and the shinko in the back which coming off in 200 to 300miles.  i will see what is better.  the beauty of the verge is that you can run them bald and they still feel great, almost as good as new.  they are also very cheap.  i do my own tire changes so i save that cost.  if you pay a dealer to change your tires than the pr'3, even though expensive will probably go at least 2,000 miles more than the verge. so the cost difference is mitigated.