• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

HD Rider Surfing A Toyota

Given that he was speeding and most likely is a d.b.  Still is that not a double yellow that the car crossed?  Was that not a HOV lane or something and you are not suppose to enter it like that?

Car crossed over illegally into the hov , rider still should have slowed and been ready for it , it happens all the time after all . Lucky man . The other video is obviously a non rider douchebag himself so ....

The car made an illegal entry into the HOV lane (over a double yellow). He did signal his intention and the "rider" had PLENTY of time to slow down to avoid hitting the car even though he was speeding. He claimed he "locked up his rear brake" perhaps if he'd used his front brakes too he'd have been successful.

Clearly he's an incompetent d.b.  The way he rides we won't be seeing many more of his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjzH6PohNm4

2 sides to every story lol

Thanks for posting that.  My original intent on posting was that it was interesting that he landed on the car and rode it out.  The video you posted spoke volumes about this guy.  After watching the analysis from the second video, what caught my eye was that he had time to slow down but never seemed to touch his front brake.  Was good to see him get his azz kicked by an older guy.  :D :rotflmao: I just wish we could have seen a complete video of that! 

"Always assume other drivers are going to do the WORST possible thing"

I often get tailgated in the HOV (in cage) because I won't haul ass past the slower moving traffic in regular lanes, just for this reason. I go faster than them, but not hauling (keeping enough stopping distance). You just never know when someone's going to do this.

Heck, I'll cross into the HOV lane (after a very careful check) - I have no problem with it (though our lanes are white lined, not yellow).

In the vid I didn't see him do ANY braking - his hands never moved. Given what was going on in front of him he should've at least been slowing down/off the throttle.

The "B.S." video states, "he's doing 80 in a 65 for Christ's sake".  "That's 25 over the speed limit!"

Uh, no it's not. 

California math maybe?

Funny.

Ranger Jim said:
The car made an illegal entry into the HOV lane (over a double yellow). He did signal his intention and the "rider" had PLENTY of time to slow down to avoid hitting the car even though he was speeding. He claimed he "locked up his rear brake" perhaps if he'd used his front brakes too he'd have been successful.

Clearly he's an incompetent d.b.  The way he rides we won't be seeing many more of his videos.

A clear analysis Right hand never squeezed the handle It was as if the biker wanted to hit the car. Bet HP handed the ticket to the one who hit- not the one who got hit

Diz said:
A clear analysis Right hand never squeezed the handle It was as if the biker wanted to hit the car. Bet HP handed the ticket to the one who hit- not the one who got hit

Maybe they both got tickets?

Both guys were wrong here but I put the most blame on the cyclist who could have avoided the incident  simply by being alert and driving with caution.
Remember we should ride with the mindset that every one on the road is out to kill us.
Its hard to be sure just by looking at the footage but it seems like he could have gotten whoa-ed  up without hitting the guy.

I'm thinking insurance fraud.  The critic who calls him on his attitude might be in on it too since nothing kills a good argument faster than a similar but more popular bad argument.  Reminds me of many a non-productive homeowners association donnybrook.