• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heading East for the National

denver6

I know it is still 2015, but I am already starting to think about the trip East for the 2016 National. I am just wondering who is planning to ride and who is planning to haul their bike?  :motonoises: :motonoises:

If riding, has anyone thought of an interesting route that is more or less on the way to Helen from Denver?  :beerchug:

I am defiantly planning on riding (God willing). Will try and
take as many two lane as I can. But I will be leaving from
Michigan.

Would love to go but not likely going to make it. Too many events planned for this year and I have to narrow them down because I won't have enough time off work to do them all.

I want to attend - but likely cannot.  I only get two weeks of vacation, and as the wife is not supportive of my two-wheeled habits (tolerates, but doesn't support), the idea of burning 1/2 of my time off (or more) to attend the rally just isn't in the cards  :'(

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to attend one in the future when/if the event is closer to home. 

Definitely jealous of those of you who have the flexibility to do this. 

I feel for you delling.  BTDT for most of my life.  Now as long as I keep mama on board, I can do it.  Wish I could afford to retire and do a lot more of it. LOL  But that ain't happening in this lifetime. LOL

Ladybandit,,, I suggest, scrap something else and do the National.

Delling, Justa thought,,,,,,,,,,
My wife is the same. Doesn't care for riding, (but grudgingly does some as it's my passion).
I convinced her to go to a COG National years ago.
She loved it, made friends, and now insists we go every year.
But, she still doesn't like to ride.

Perhaps yours would enjoy the trip, without riding.
Consider making it a vacation, trailer there, and do other things she likes. (to and from the event).
Works for us...

Denver, I'll be trailering in from Houston. (With wife)

Ride safe, Ted

Hit me Rob. I'm planning on riding. Did the NM, TX, OK, AR and TN route to JC before. Done the I70 before (don't want me no mo' KS). Thinkin' to swing a southern route out. Dive down through Dallas and hit Louisiana, Ole' Miss and up into Jaw Jaw. Gonna be moist but I've never bagged these states. Maybe hook up in NM?

The Southern Route can be pretty warm.  I'll likely head north a ways from Houston before turning east.

OMC,

I am still trying to figure out if my wife is going to want to come. If she does, I imagine I will be more like Ted (connie_rider) and trailer there (I can pull a small trailer with a C14 in it using the Class 1 hitch on my Mazda6, right?).

If she decides not to come, then I am in for the Southern route with you. These Rocky Mountain winters leave me chilled to the bone through August. About the time I finally start to warm up, it starts snowing again. I am looking forward to some Southern warmth and humidity!
:))

Sure. Spend the night there.

Next night in Dallas with a visit to Dealey Plaza.
Then on to New Orleans - are you interested in going there? Or rather more of a straight shot across the South?
Finally, arrive in Helen?

Is that too many days on the road?

Old Man on a Connie said:
Would love to see Roswell NM and Dealy plaza. Wanna see that book suppository.  :)

Hate to have to embarrass ya "Old Guy".
But, ya got it wrong...  :nananana:

It's not book suppository.
It's buk suppository.

Glad I could help.  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Would love to see Roswell NM and Dealy plaza. Wanna see that book suppository.  :)

Hate to have to embarrass ya "Old Guy".
But, ya got it wrong...  :nananana:

It's not book suppository.
It's buk suppository.

Glad I could help.  ;)

Ride safe, Ted
Now See, That's the great thing about this forum. There's always somebody willing to help out. Thanks Teddums  :beerchug: :great: