• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Headlight adjustment

oldcolt72

Hello, A very basic question, one my local Kawasaki shop manager could not answer, his response after looking at the parts fiche, was

Doug, you remove the cover at the bottom of the fairing below the headlight. Facing the bike you have a screw on the lower right and one on the upper left of the back of the headlight. If you look at the headlight from behind the fairing you can see the adjusters. This is a rule of thumb adjustment I have used. About 25 feet from a wall on level ground the low beam should be about knee height or slightly above while on the center stand.

Also, I would be wary of that shop manager doing any service work for you!! Bob Sherwood COG #2994 COG Industry Liaison MSF RiderCoach Statesboro, GA

Here are the exact instructions you need. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/122_0310_headlight_aiming/index.html PS:..and shoot that mutton head that said that crap about "it's not adjustable". He needs to get a clue. Aging is scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker!

Doug, Would suggest you get the Chilton's manual from Murph's. It gives a lot of good information, including the full procedure for headlight adjustment on the Connie. I especially like the wiring diagrams in the rear of the book.

It's not adjustable and there is no high beam. If you need to see farther ahead you have to wheelie.
If you are going to try this tactic, please make sure your gas tank is near empty. She will lift the front end then, but it's not recommended.