• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Headlight modulator

Pros: Work well at making you more visible, thereby cutting down on people who pull in front of you, making your safer. Cons: It annoys many drivers. Some will say who cares, if they are annoyed that means they saw me, and that is the point. Others try and be nice and remember to turn it on and off appropriately. That never worked for me, I could never remember to turn it back on. Some have also used the argument that is make some cagers think you are an emergency vehicle and people pull over for you. Sounds like a pro to me, but I think some find that to be a con. Personally I removed mine and now use LED lights as daytime running lights. I have them mounted down low so it provides a nice triangle effect. The light pattern sucks and I would not recommend them as fogs lights. But they are bright to look at, and I get many comments about that. They work well too IMO. I think all M/C's should have one or the other. 2003 Concours, 65K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Make you more noticeable, not a fix all though. Bulbs run "cooler" because they are not at peak output all the time so theoretically last longer. Been running the Signal Dynamics version on mine for numerous years. Tell Wendi you heard it from here if you get theirs. They also have the Back-off brakelight modulator available too, pretty cool set-up. The "triangle effect" Slybones mentions is also noticeable, reminds me to get driving lights back on my bike. I'm just trying to figure out the cleanest mounting and haven't made my final answer yet. I'll still keep the modulator though. I do turn it off when riding in a group or other situations if so dictated, but mostly its on.