• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

headshake on 09

hacksaw511

Big Wheel
hey guys new to the group .Just went past 8000 miles on 09 zg and had problems with front rotors .The dealer replaced one side .Brakes were better but have developed headshake in 90 to 120 mph range .Next check is head bearings anyone done this themselves ?any help thx

To tighten the steering stem bearings is quite easy.  Remove the center nut (with the rubber plug in the center).  This takes a 14mm allen.  Remove the stem nut and locking spacer.  Adjust the torque, then re-install everything.  Manual says 17ftlbs for the steering stem nut and 79.7 ftlbs for the steering stem head bolt.  At 9000 miles your bearings shouldn't need replaced just reset.

hacksaw said:
hey guys new to the group .Just went past 8000 miles on 09 zg and had problems with front rotors .The dealer replaced one side .Brakes were better but have developed headshake in 90 to 120 mph range .Next check is head bearings anyone done this themselves ?any help thx

You're riding 90 to 120 mph on a Track right?

Otherwise reduce headshake by riding the speed limit.  No need to thank me
. :)

mine shakes a tic in the tripple digits, on the track  ;D
have a pulsation say at 60, spuer light front brake i can feel it shake.

Re balance the front wheel.

Had the same problem twice, fixed it both times re balancing the front wheel.