• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heated grips

terrynyc

Anyone have any experience with the Oxford Heaterz grips?  I'm running Hot Grips now and after ten years the heating elements on the clutch side have been worn to the surface.  I'm trying to decide whether to just order up another pair or try something new.

They look nice...in the box...in a cabinet. Because that's where mine are!  :)) Haven't put them on yet, just wanted to pipe up! They seem to be good quality, though.

I have them on my 09 and they work great. Both sides are the same temperature. My bike came with the elements that go under the grips. The clutch side never got as hot as the throttle side. I couldn't stand that so I replaced them with the Oxford grips. My only complaint is the grips aren't as comfortable as the stock grips. They're pretty hard.

Terrynyc said:
Anyone have any experience with the Oxford Heaterz grips?  I'm running Hot Grips now and after ten years the heating elements on the clutch side have been worn to the surface.  I'm trying to decide whether to just order up another pair or try something new.

Terry call Jr. He has a set on his Versys and loves them. That in conjunction with the wind deflectors and he rides into the same weather I do on the C 14.

I've had the oxford heated grips for a little over a year now. They get very hot so its nice in the winter.On the 100% setting they cause my gloves to steam when its raining. You also cant wear thin gloves on 100%.The install was a breeze.

These work great, i use both heated grips and heated gloves but never the same time! I use the grips in early spring and late fall season, or on my afternoon rides where I don't want the bulk of my heated gloves yet still want some warmth after switching to a lighter set of gloves.

Thanks for the input.  I might just do the switch but it might be a tad easier to just splice in a grip on the clutch side and stick with the Hot Grips since it's already wired up.  My one gripe with Hot Grips was the rubber wasn't all that grippy.

Well decided to go with the Heaters Sport Grips after all.  Had some fun removing my old Hot Grips due to my overenthusiastic use of JB Weld as recounted on the COG Facebook page.
Observations:. Much easier install than my previous Grips.  Slightly thinner than old grips but the tackier rubber and texture make them much more comfortable.  No longer have.to grip them as hard.  Might even be able to forego my throttle rocker.  All in all a definite improvement.