• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hella FF50 and Murphs fuse kit

klittle1417

Training Wheels
I have had the Hella FF50 kit sitting on a shelf for like 3 years now and decided its time to install.  I have Murphs aux fuse kit and am wonderig what you all think about running power from there instead of direct from the battery.  I only have a gps power lead and grip heaters running off it now.

PS..I may appear to be new but ive been around for a while just quite through all the forum changover stuff so had to start anew.

CoolBreeze

As long as the fuse block, wire and fuses are all rated to handle the load. With the fuses in the correct spots to protect the circuit. Then there's no problem.

How are you mounting them? I recieved permission from GBYII to make his light mounts. They work d@mn good and look Sharp as all get-out when powder coated.

If I'm not mistaken, the fuse panel is only rated for 30 amps total. Running the FF50's through the panel will limit how much else you can power from it. Just a thought.

Eddie

Eddie-FL said:
If I'm not mistaken, the fuse panel is only rated for 30 amps total. Running the FF50's through the panel will limit how much else you can power from it. Just a thought.

Eddie

Yes the Murph's fuse block runs a 30 main fuse. Room for six auxiliary fuses.  30 amp total capacity, 15 amps each circuit. 
But from the information I could find on the Hella 550's, they are rated at 55 watts. We will say just for a quick calculation that the battery is exactly 12volts. That would make for approximately 4.6amps. I do not think that 5amps would be that taxing on the fuse block.
But running the relay off the battery would give you extra capacity in the fuse block if needed.

Thanks for doing the math, Bob. I was too lazy to crank up my brain! I just always run aux lighting straight to the battery.

Eddie