• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello and thanks

reester

Big Wheel
Hi all from Concord NH,
Been lurking around this board since 2008 when I bought my 2004 Connie. I consider myself to be the type of guy who can read and follow directions and learn by doing just that. Bought the bike with 6000mi on it and learned how to adjust my valves, sync my carbs etc., just by reading on this forum. A heartfelt thanks to all you posters and gurus.
Over the last 3 yrs wife and I put 20000mi on this bike and enjoyed every single one. Felt like I had her running pretty good when we were out for a nice long fall ride Sunday 9/25. Well on the return stretch, about 3mi from home some woman in a big Ford Expedition making a left turn right in front of us ended it all. Managed to slow down some (35mph zone) but could not manage to avoid her and collided head on. We both were wearing full gear and were relatively lucky. I have only a broken right wrist and some bruises, wife only has bruises nothing broken (guess I make a good airbag). Needless to say bike is toast now so I will probably frequent this forum a lot less.
You all are a great bunch of helpful people and I just wanted to say thanks. Not sure what the future holds at this point as far as riding again. Still have a '92 CB750 in the garage (been sitting since I bought the connie). I'll have to see what my wrist and my gut tells me next spring.
Again THANKS and ride safe.
Rene
???

Wow, that's some into Rene!  First off I hope you both heal well. But you don't have to leave. Especially after your first post. I hate to say welcome and maybe goodbye in the same post.  :welcome:

Thanks. Yeah didn't really want it to be that dramatic, but that's pretty much what happened. I have benefitted greatly from other peoples' questions and problems to the point where I never had to ask a single question yet. Thought about posting many times before just never did. I will still stick around this is a great place.
BTW I purchased a Morgan Carbtune for this bike specifically (as she was running pretty poorly when I first got her). If anyone in the Concord area needs a hand with syncing the carbs or whatever look me up. If nothing else I can help drink your beer.  :beerchug:

Howdy, I am right next door in Pembroke. Hey, do you work at a place on Airport road? I used to see a C-10 parked there a lot. I have also seen an orange one in Pembroke.

I broke my synch gauge, left it hanging over the winter by the tubing, the glass pipes came out of the mecury resivior and half the mercury disappeared. So, come over and help drink some beer!

Hiya Willy. Yep that's me. Sadly you won't see the bike there anymore. My folks live in Pembroke near the new elderly home so I'm down there fairly frequently. I can bring the Morgan on by. Whereabouts in Pembroke are ya?

Rockwood? Not sure where that is.
Only saw the bike once briefly since the crash. Front plastic is all busted up and I'm pretty sure forks and front wheel at the very least are bent. Don't know if the wheel hit the radiator. Bike is up in Franklin, the towing guy/yard owner is a real piece of work. Went up there to get some personal stuff out of the saddle bags and he was a real p*&^% about it. He's afraid he isn't going to get paid because I didn't have collision coverage on the bike.
Checked out your Project 2001 post. Nice! Aside from the fact that I'm a bit shook up right now, maintaining my bike was one thing. Don't know if I want to dive into rebuilding it, even if it's doable. On the other hand the wife and I had a few nice trips on this bike and were planning on doing Colorado/Rockies next year with another couple. We were both so looking forward to that trip.

Oh ok just before the downhill stretch to the bridge there? What's a good time to catch you around? Not sure what the schedule is this weekend, but I could probably swing by at some point.

I have an estimate today in Nashua but I'll be in and out pretty much the rest of the weekend. Let me know when you want to come.

Saturday or Sunday afternoon would work good for me, take your pick. Have the unit in the car and could drop it off after 5 after I get out of work if you want to do a quick sync before the nice weekend. Can't hang around tonight though.