• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Kentucky

jtvisions3002

Hi y'all, first let say I own a BMW F800gt but my old riding partner, Chris (Daboo), some here should be familiar with, told me y'all would be OK with that. 😁 I did own a '73 Z1900 years ago, still wish I had that one.
My wife and I recently moved from Arlington WA to Mt Vernon Kentucky area in June. We've been busy making our new to us house our home this summer so I've not been on the group lists much.
Chris said there were a lot of good folks on this list who are active riders.
I enjoy exploring the 2 lanes around here, usually 180ish mile loop rides. I'm not one for bombing down the interstate, my wife goes with from time to time. I'm not much for large group rides so I ride solo alot. I do enjoy meeting other like minded folks and wouldn't mind finding another riding partner in these parts. I'm also hoping to do a spring ride to the Outer Banks area as I'll be jones'n for salt water by then. I'm retired so I tend to favor weekday rides but I will ride on weekends if I'm forced too. 😱😁
Any ride suggestions in my area would be great also. We've been to Red River Gorge area and Cumberland Falls and explored the backroads as time permits from chores. I rode year round, weather permitting, in WA and I'm hoping to do the same here if'n I can get up the road out of our Holler. 🤔😁
Anyway, this is starting to read like a dating site intro so, ride on and keep the shiny side up; unless that's the header pipes.
~ James~

Welcome to the group.
You're gonna like it here.
Can't help you much on the rides in your area as I are from TeXaS. 🤠
Someone will soon come and assist you.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: It's ok, (even though you're a friend of, and ride with Chris) we'll still talk with you. 🫣
<smarty a___d grin> 😄

Last edited:
Welcome JT.
I just passed thru Mt Vernon on my way to Albany KY. I live in Ohio, but have a lake house on Dale Hollow. Some really good roads around Albany.

When you visited the Falls, did ya have enough time to explore the big south fork river recreation area? I’ve only been there once and didn’t get to see a lot of it, but looked promising.

Kevin Beam is your state director. He hosts The Dry Creek Rendevous every summer. The location this year was just up the road from you V6 inStanton KY

Best Regards
Bob

Thank you Bob,
I've not been to that area in TN but I did go west along the backroads then up 790 to Burnside. It's really nice that way. The area in TN does look nice I haven't explored down that way yet. I've usually only had time to ride once a week while we get situated here. Wow Dale Hollow area is huge.
No I haven't explored much down in that SW area towards Albany yet. So many roads so little time at the moment.
I'll have to keep an eye out the events calendar for The Dry Creek Rendevous and others. Thanks for the info Bob.
Ride safe,
~J~

Welcome from East Central Indiana!
If you're interested in nice folks and great riding, ceck out some of the rallies. Things are slowing down some right now, but they'll pick up in a few months.
You're within good riding distance from several that take place throughout the year.
If you're interested in this type of stuff, look through the calendar for 2023 to get an idea of this year's events, many are yearly and will take place in 2024.

Thanks Jorge and ZXtasy I'll keep an eye on the calendar.
Daboo is do'n fine he just traded in his GT with 109k miles for new triple black F900XR. We're hoping to have a reunion in Colorado this next June, if'n it all works out. Colorado is aboot 1/2 way for us both, others would be welcome.
Anyway, the roads around here are great and so are the peeps we've met and our new neighbors. It's nice to not have constant rain this time of year for a change and a bit warmer.
~James~

...Daboo is do'n fine he just traded in his GT with 109k miles for new triple black F900XR. We're hoping to have a reunion in Colorado this next June, if'n it all works out. Colorado is aboot 1/2 way for us both, others would be welcome.
~James~
You let my secret out! :D I must say, my wife told me to buy a new bike. Yes, she wanted me to buy a new bike.

James is one of those rare finds in a riding partner. We rode at the same pace. We'd want to stop at about the same amount of time riding. And when I wanted to stop for a picture, he did too. And the conversation in the headset was about right. Not too much, not too little.

A pretty great guy!

Chris