• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Minnesota!

Hi All! My name is Dan and I live just south of Minneapolis, MN. I am brand new to the world of the Concours 14 and I couldn't be more excited! I honostly think I have devoured everything and anything to do with the C14... I'm kinda nerdy that way. I purchased a Black 2009 C14 ABS. Dealer is holding it for me until I pick it up in March. I come from the Harley world, my last bike that I just traded in was a beautiful chromed out V-Rod. I really enjoyed that bike but wanted something more comfortable that I can start touring/traveling with. I am finding myself wanting to ride without wind blast on a bike that handles like a dream. Something tells me I won't be disappointed with the C14!!! Once we warm up and can ride again I will let you know what I think of my first impression after a little saddle time.... can't wait! Dan

Welcome Dan and congrats on the new bike,,I'm sure you will love it !! :) CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Welcome Dan. Did you try any of the other STs before deciding on the c14, or was it love at first sight? :D

I like the black, I think it's gorgeous. I'm a C10 owner like Norm but there are no shortage of people here completely in love with their C14s. The C14 puts a healthy dose of Sport in her Sport Touring. You're going to be very happy with her... if you can keep your license. :) Welcome aboard!

I did indeed research all the others but the C14 definitely stood above the rest. Best warranty says a lot too. I extended out to 5 years. Plus, to my eyes the C14 looks the best, heck it looks fast sitting on the centerstand! Also, the C14 fit me like a glove... no stretching or reaching, totally natural feel. I really like the black,(my V-Rod was black), color and how the bike isn't all closed up behind panels from front to back. I think that looks generic and prefer to see all the bits and pieces. Regarding the power and speed. Believe me... I can't wait to unleash all the performance this bike offers but will definitely take my time getting use to the power and handling. Probably going to be a big change at first for the better coming off a V-Rod with a 260 rear tire! Step 1, keep front wheel on ground... :)

Welcome Dan, Enjoy the site and let us know if there is anything we can do for you or do better. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Hi Dan and welcome from a little farther south of Minneapolis. Congratulations on your new bike. If you are interested, we do get together for rides or tech sessions on a fairly regular basis. Hope to see that beautiful bike someday.

Hi Jeff, That would be great! Would definitely like to make some new friends in the area that like the same bike. Please keep me posted with any dates/info as the season rolls on. Would love to participate! My email is in my profile for contact info. Thanks!

Welcome again. I live in Bloomington so probably in the same neck of the woods as yourself. I'll also be hosting the next get together on a Saturday in March. We generally work on C10's but we will not look down upon you for having the newer version. ;) But with that extended warranty there won't be much for us to wrench on your bike anyway. I'll make sure you get the invite once the details are set for March.

I've posted some info for our March get together under the "Scheduled COG" forum section calling it the "Bikes in Bloom." If you can join us it would be a pleasure for us to meet you.

Welcome from a C-10 rider in the Southwest Desert of Arizona. Yuma, Summer in Yuma is not hell, but hell is a local call :) 2006 Connie http://community.webshots.com/user/Lateck?vhost=community

Welcome, Dan.... A C14, eh? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :) Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Hi Dan If your willing to share. What dealership did you get the bike from and how has your experience been so far?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hope to perhaps meet/ride with some of you one day. Got my bike at "Cities Edge" in Shakopee, MN. These guys were a dream to deal with. Gave me the ABS for the same price as the non-ABS and knocked $500 more off to boot! Never once tried to pressure me on the sale. Offered to hold the bike until spring for free and didn't try to sell me extra stuff. I did extend the warranty out to 5 years but that was my choice. If you are in Minnesota I would HIGHLY recommend this dealership. Can't speak for the service department yet but will update if/when I use them. It's getting closer everyday... Can't wait to pick up the bike and fire her up and let that clutch out for the first time. Just hope I remember to turn around and go back home! :)

Hello Dan I got both our bikes there. The Connie I did not shop much for as at that time the dealership was within 2 miles of where I worked and a coworker new them really well. The 650 we shopped all the city dealers and also drove out to Delano they still had the best price and were easiest to deal with. I take care of my service myself so I don't have much to say about the service department. Hope to see you at Thomas's

Welcome Dan! I'm a '99 C-10 owner, but regularly ride down to my local dealership to drool on the red '09 that's in stock. I think you're going to love the bike, and certainly know you'll get a lot out of the association online and in-person. Ride safe!

Welcome Dan, is the snow gone yet so you can get out and ride? Dave Muzzey St. Charles, IL COG#7957 '01 Connie
2325745050103317432S200x200Q85.jpg
2525116280103317432S200x200Q85.jpg

Welcome Dan, is the snow gone yet so you can get out and ride?
You are a cruel man Dave there is still lots of snow left and more on the schedule for thursday last I looked

So true! Picked up another 9" last week. Worse yet, I had carpal tunnel surgery on my wrists and won't be healed enough to ride until about mid-April... bummer! Will be picking the bike up the last weekend in March so at least I can go out to the garage and stare at it for a few hours each day :) Waiting for my left wrist to completely heal (had surgery on left wrist on Monday) is going to be pure hell....ARG!

Dan best of luck on the wrist as well as the bike. Will be praying for a quick and complete healing of the wrists. Also will try to keep you in mind as I ride to Fla tomorrow for bike week. Welcome to a great Club. ride safe & ride long kawcon14rider Sammie Timmons 74 gt380 totaled 74 gt750 totaled 80 gs850 totaled 05 vulcan 750 traded 08 c14 my baby 08 versys (my wife's)

If you're looking for someone to ride the bike occasionally to make sure it runs alright I'd be willing to volunteer to break it in for you. :) I'm sure Jeff would be willing to put a few miles on it for you as well. Just ask, us Coggers are giving people.

Sad news just received, This is Harry Wolter. I am sorry to report that my son Dan picked up his new bike on Friday April 10 about noon. Left for a "get acquainted" ride about 2:30 pm. Lost control of the bike about 9:30 pm on road #29 in Wisconsin and did not survive.He was wearing all the protective gear. He was propelled through the air and his helmet hit a tree No one else on the road at that time. A resident in the area heard the crash and reported it. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/startribune/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=126113523 CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes

Sometimes words just can't cover it. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

This is such sad news. His posts sounded like he had the right attitude to taking a long learning process to the new bike and was looking forward to enjoying his new C-14. My condolences to Dan's family. I'd like to add a question here: What the HELL is going on!? This is the second death in the past week among members of this forum and concours.org. Plus, there have been reports of 2, maybe 3 or 4, other wrecks recently. We can try to chalk it up to the new riding season and inattention by cage drivers, but I've never seen anything like this. This is getting crazy. PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!! I am tired of reading these kinds of threads.

This is so sad I was really looking forward to meeting this guy. Norm is there a way you can send mine and I am sure the other guys who contacted Dan on this forum our deepest condolences any more directly than posting it on this forum?

Jeff,,,PM sent There is a guest book on the site I linked to if anyone would like to send a note to his family. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes