• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from the Willamette Valley, COG!

john.ej.45894

John J here. I’ve been riding Buell bikes for many years, up to the 1125R. Currently commuting on an XB9SX. Recently picked up a 1999 Concours that has a little right side body damage otherwise it’s solid. 42k miles on it… it’s been sitting around for several years. I was going to dig the engine out to use it on a go kart or something but as I’m checking this thing out I can see it is solid and in great shape so I’m putting it back together to use it for winter commuting and hopefully some Moto camping! Anyway, good to be here! Can’t wait to learn more about this bike!

John

I was going to dig the engine out to use it on a go kart or something

but as I’m checking this thing out I can see it is solid and in great shape so I’m putting it back together to use it for winter commuting and hopefully some Moto camping!
Welcome John!

Wheew that would be one serious go-kart!

I think you’ll enjoy the C-14, good weather protection versatile without being a dog to ride, and mechanically solid as a rock!

See you around,

Welcome John!

I think you’ll enjoy the C-14, good weather protection versatile without being a dog to ride, and mechanically solid as a rock!

See
Welcome John!

See you around,
tomorrow’s ride is going right past my house in Perrydale! Give a wave! I cannot go, unfortunately. Got some projects (C10!) I gotta finish up.

Tomorrow’s ride is going right past my house in Perrydale! Give a wave! I cannot go, unfortunately. Got some projects (C10!) I gotta finish up.

I haven’t found where to go in COG’s pages yet but I’m looking for some mid fairing parts. I’ll be browsing around later to get better acquainted.

Hey John, welcome!

I'm in Tigard and have lived in various parts of OR my whole life. That Lightning is a super cool bike. Never owned a Buell myself but have had a few friends with various models and always liked them.

I love riding out in your area! Let me know once you get that C10 humming and we can get together for a ride. I'm a big fan of moto camping and have done a couple of trips on my c14, but more on other bikes.

Cheers!
Aaron