• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

hello!

samh

Training Wheels
I picked up my 2011 black C14 from montgomeryville cycles in Hatfield PA about 2 weeks ago.  I traded my 2009 BMW G650GS, which I bought in october of 2009, and had 21,000 miles.

Farkles I put on almost immediately are a Phil's rack, and the E55 top case from my old bike.  Also Heli bar risers and a Nuvi 550 GPS.

I'm thinking about lowering the bike so that I can comfortably put a Russel sport seat on it.  (That's what I had on my G650, and I loved it, could do 800 mile days without any pain at all.)  Agonizing about shortening stands and steering geometry, reading everything I can to read.

Oh, and some idiot backed into my bike 2 nights ago, so its got to go in for a bunch of Tupperware replacement.  Rage.  :mad:

SH

:welcome:
Welcome Sam, sorry to hear about someone backing into your new bike. I have found that lowered suspensions usually don't handle that well.  I'm 5' 7" and instead chose to install a lowered gel seat from Kawasaki accessories and the bike is just fine for me.  I thought a gel seat would be squishier than the stock seat but it's actually firmer and gives all day comfort.