• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello

runhog

Tricycle
I just wanted to stop by and say hello.... I am going to purchase a new to me C-14 on Wed and can't wait to get my hands on her.  So I have a few questions:

1.  Where is the best place to by gear in Dallas area?

2.  What is the best aftermarket exhaust to put on the bike?  If I put a exhaust on the bike do I need to remap it?

I am looking forward to getting out on some rides with other members and getting to know everyone.

runhog said:
I just wanted to stop by and say hello.... I am going to purchase a new to me C-14 on Wed and can't wait to get my hands on her.  So I have a few questions:

1.  Where is the best place to by gear in Dallas area?

2.  What is the best aftermarket exhaust to put on the bike?  If I put a exhaust on the bike do I need to remap it?

I am looking forward to getting out on some rides with other members and getting to know everyone.

OK, first off I can't help you out with Dallas area gear vendors. But I'm sure some of the guys will be able to help. Oh Fred!  :)

The best aftermarket exhaust is a matter of opinions here. And there are a lot of opinions. I suggest going into the C14 accessories section and reading or doing a search. There will be plenty to read. There is a list of aftermarket exhausts in the C14 farkle vendor directory.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27354.0.html

As far as whether or not you need to remap the bike or not. Well it depends. You can if you want. But if your only using an aftermarket slip on can. Then you really do not need to. But if you go to a full aftermarket exhaust. Well then yes, a fuel processor like a power commander or such will be required to change the fuel mapping. Although it may be accomplished with an ECU re-flash as well.

As far as folks in the Dallas area to get together with. Well here's a great place to start. The South Central events board:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/board,49.0.html

Hope this helps somewhat.

Bob

Welcome.  How much do you want to spend on an exhaust, do you want more power or just more noise?  There is quite a bit of info here so searching like Capn' Bob suggested should give you the power to make an informed decision.

Thanks for the replies:

The bike I am buying has a can that has some marks on it from being loaded on a truck and tide down.  The marks are from the tie down straps so was thinking of just replacing it with a new exhaust (Slip On).

Thanks again for all of the info and look forward to learning more as I get on the board.

runhog said:
Thanks for the replies:

The bike I am buying has a can that has some marks on it from being loaded on a truck and tide down.  The marks are from the tie down straps so was thinking of just replacing it with a new exhaust (Slip On).

Thanks again for all of the info and look forward to learning more as I get on the board.

If that's the case, you may be able to find a good deal an an OEM can from someone who replaced theirs for much less than a new aftermarket can.

I'm on the FTW side of the metroplex, and as you know, Fort Worth is where the West begins, and Dallas is where the East peters out :-*, but I do have friends over on that side of the world who think highly of Moto Liberty. I've only been there once, but they had a pretty good selection of gear. I-35 E and just south of 635 if they haven't moved.

Over here, I've been very pleased dealing with the folks at Cycle Gear on Camp Bowie, and for tires and general service, Cycle Werkz. These guys are great.

Enjoy the new scooter, and hopefully we'll run into you at a future local ride. What year did you purchase? Color?

I am going to test drive a 2008 C-14 in Plano.... Like I said I will be in Dallas 12 days or so a month so instead of buying a guy I got something that I love to ride.... a motorcycle.  I currently own a 2003 ZZR1200 and was going to buy a second one because I really love the ZZR but wanted something that I could ride two up a little easier and less dramatic of a riding position so I started looking at the C-14 and really think I am going to like it.

I am just finishing up 11 months of fun in Afghan so won't be home in the US till Wed so I won't be able to ride her till that evening.

I will keep everyone posted and look forward to hanging out.