• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Helmet fitment comparison chart

If that's accurate, that's worth book marking. Anyone actually used it? Thanks FlatSpot.

Odd question about fitment, hope it "fits" this thread  :rotflmao:  Anybody have input or a chart giving top:bottom measurements? For example, my HJC modular fits my head comfortably shape wise,  but the ear pockets begin to pinch at the bottom after 5-6 hours. Yeah, maybe my fat head is also pointy...  Ideas on that fitment (just to keep this focused).

I'm not sure I've ever seen a measurement on height of the ear cut-outs. You can usually buy thicker/thinner cheek pads, but I don't recall having seen different thickness in the top padding (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that).

That said, I was just watching a review of the new Arai Corsair X, and the padding that goes across the top of the head is adjustable for "ride height" (I think) within a certain range. Might be what you're looking for. Not sure if there are other helmets with that feature or not...or if you're in the market for an $800 helmet.

Interesting. Nope, no $800 helmet in my future. Maybe it's just me.
Thanks.