• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

helmets and glasses

strum

My helmet fits properly but to take it on and off i have to remove my glasses.
  Just wondering if a modular will  work better and i wont have to do the glasses dance every time.
thanks all help is appreciated.

I have a Neotec and even when I do use sunglasses, I have to do the removal dance routine. The beauty is the tinted visor saves me a bit of time when I don't need glasses. Just depends how bright or hot the conditions are and want ventilation or sun protection.

I have an HJC modular. It's: helmet on, glasses on, gloves on.  Then: It's gloves off; glasses off; helmet off. I can't get helmet on/off without removing glasses. Wife's HJC is tighter than mine, but she does the same.

I have a bilt modular, and  i am able to grab sides and put on without taking glasses off. I think I bought it for that reason. mine also has sunshield built in and I have no issues when lowering it, even when riding.

All my Shoei helmets require helmet, glasses, gloves...gloves, glasses, helmet. Quest, Multi-tec, Neotec...

But, the modular allows for less helmet removals during fuel stops, gas station attendant conversations...

I wear flexible titanium glasses. I have no trouble putting a modular helmet on or taking off with the glasses in place, (Bilt, Sedici and HJC)

My modulars ( HJC, Zeus ) go on and off
while I'm wearing my glasses.
I find it better to put them on while pulling
them forward instead of pulling them down
onto my head.

Have a Nolan and can keep my glassed on when putting on or taking off my helmet. My other helmet is a Sedici (sp ?) and I do have to remove my glasses to put the helmet on but can leave them on when removing it.

Every head/face/helmet is a bit different. On my HJC Sy-max 2 and my Nolan N104 modulars, I can put the helmet on or remove it without removing my glasses.

I'm surprised so many of you are able to take your helmets off with your glasses still on.  Not only can I not do that with my Neotec, but it actually takes some wiggling just to get the right side "arm" of the glasses behind my ear.  Shouldn't the helmet cheek pads be too snug to clear the glasses?  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your helmets; it's just hard to imagine how it works.  I do have pretty big ears; maybe that is part of my problem.  :(

I can flex my modulars apart enough to enable me to put the helmet on. Plus I wear a "Silky" helmet liner which covers my ears and allows the helmet to slide over them.

No one has mentioned differences in glasses, either. I have some Oakley sunglasses which have fat "arms" and they are much snugger in the pads of the same helmet than my clear lens glasses of a different brand or some other sunglasses which have flatter, thinner arms. I suppose that affects it, too.