• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help me decide

croach1776

Tonto
Got a great offer from Chase Harper - Coupon for 50% off if I trade in any type of bag and they will give me 50% off one of their new ones. Problem - I need a tail bag but only thing I have to trade is two CH soft side-bags. Wrote them asking for a waiver and they said yes. Now I need to decide: Which tail bag to get:

The 4250 Super Deluxe - what I like - multiple pockets with hide away bag - what I dont like - looks and not as big as second bag I am considering

AeroPac II 4050 - What I like - more capacity than 4250 and I like the aesthetics, I figure I can make up for lack of multiple pockets with organizers.

Will probably pull trigger today as I just got paid.  So times awastin, need some input. Thanks

I actually like the Aeropac II better myself.  Its more squarish features will look nice on the connie (if your gonna use it on it) if not then just sell it to me for even cheaper :)

Eddie_Bohanan_TN said:
I actually like the Aeropac II better myself.  Its more squarish features will look nice on the connie (if your gonna use it on it) if not then just sell it to me for even cheaper :)

Ya, I agree it would like better on the Connie than the duffle bag looking 4250. So far that three votes for 4050, 0 votes for 4250. Probably gonna pull trigger tomorrow. thanks

Eddie_Bohanan_TN said:
I think any way you pul the trigger it's a bulleye with the price. Early congrats!

Ya, patience pays off.  Had those side bags for over 20 years. Always new I would get back into riding. For awhile used them as bag liners on Connie, but really waste of excellent bags. Then found tank bag, called CH for missing mounting clips and got the coupon with merchandise.  Now I am all set with tank bag, tail bag, Connie hard cases, but maybe I need some panniers to hang off tank under tank bag, yeah, then I should be all set, yeah thats the ticket.

Well pulled the trigger (credit card) on the AeroPac II 4050. Total price with trade-in (that she really didnt seem interested in) was 65.00 (included 13 bucks shipping) should get them next week. So if you are looking for half/price on some CH bags, google chase harper, call the number and ask for Debbie and tell her that Charlie from Spring Tx told you about the deals.