• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help with part number on Ron Ayers fiche

skytzo

Bicycle
As I just chronicled in this thread http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,29002.0.html I dropped my Connie today. Making an insurance claim isn't really a road I want to go down, so I'm totalling up the parts I'll need to make it right on Ron Ayers site. I have a black '09 and I'm trying to figure out which part number is correct for the left side COWLING, HOT - is it 55028-0206-17K or 55028-0206-25T? Most of the other body parts have something in the description denoting black or red, but these don't. TIA.  :beerchug:

Which panel exactly. There are four pieces on the left. The main fairing, middle front, middle rear and bottom. I'm guessing from my personal experience, that you need the middle front fairing (under the mirror). I don't have the time at the moment to go on Ron Ayers. I'll try to look later on, if nobody else helps you out first.

It's that U-shaped heat deflector piece that sits on the outside of the vents in the fairing. This part:

c14-heat-thing.jpg

Well I tried. Ron Ayers was really slow and I started getting error webmaster notices. I guess we'll have to try later.

The correct part number is the first one on your note.

55028-0206K.

I know the hard way too. I needed to replace that same part on the right side! Luckily that part is not too expensive compared to the other bigger parts.

Good luck

Thanks Rusty.  :beerchug: I totalled everything up, looking at around $525 before tax & shipping. My insurance deductible is $500, so I'm just going to go ahead and order the parts.

skytzo said:
Thanks Rusty.  :beerchug: I totalled everything up, looking at around $525 before tax & shipping. My insurance deductible is $500, so I'm just going to go ahead and order the parts.

Not getting an accident added to your insurance record is an even bigger plus. They may forgive the one. But you never know!

Cap'n Bob said:
Not getting an accident added to your insurance record is an even bigger plus. They may forgive the one. But you never know!
Well, I totaled my ZRX1200 last summer, which led to me buying this C14 in the first place, so I'm guessing that's a big hell no on the forgiveness front.  ;D