• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Here's one for all Please see if you have this trouble with the side storage Box

JJPSUPERDAD

Training Wheels
When I leave the key in the on position, engine not running after 2 to 3 minutes the side storage box solenoid starts to buzz like hell, WTH is this ???????? :mad:

Please Any one see if you have this ?

mine is a 2011 Concours 14 !

Maybe a mis-aligned lock solenoid. Time for a visit to the dealer for warranty work.

Although, you might want to check for obstructions around the lock mech.

I have the same bike as you and Wayne.  I've never experienced this problem but I'm don't think I've ever had the key on with the motor off for 2 to 3 minutes.  Does it buzz regardless of whether or not the lid is closed or must the lid be open before it will buzz?  My purely off the cuff guess is that the solenoid plunger is not in an 'at rest' positon meaning something in the latch / solinoid plunger mechanism is hanging up for some reason.

Check the owners manual.  There is a reference to that but I don't remember what it was.  My bike is not kept here so I can't check it for you.

jjpsuperdad said:
When I leave the key in the on position, engine not running after 2 to 3 minutes the side storage box solenoid starts to buzz like hell, WTH is this ???????? :mad:

Okay I did it again to check and it started buzzing after 5 minutes 10 seconds twice in a row! with the lid closed. I did not try it open.  :mad:

jjpsuperdad said:
jjpsuperdad said:

Okay I did it again to check and it started buzzing after 5 minutes 10 seconds twice in a row! with the lid closed. I did not try it open.  :mad:

JJ,
Sorry, maybe a dumb question but why are you leaving the key on if you're not running the engine??  :017:

Yes, my bike does it too. Page 131 of the owners manual says

" Do not leave the motorcycle without starting the engine when the ignition switch is set to ON. The solenoid valve of the electric lock repeats ON/OFF to prevent the battery from running down."

ZG said:
jjpsuperdad said:
jjpsuperdad said:

JJ,
Sorry, maybe a dumb question but why are you leaving the key on if you're not running the engine??  :017:
I was scrolling in the display .

Fred_Harmon_TX said:

" Do not leave the motorcycle without starting the engine when the ignition switch is set to ON. The solenoid valve of the electric lock repeats ON/OFF to prevent the battery from running down."

Yes you are correct, I just found it also thank you all I was worried about my bike !

This site is awesome and the people also!

jjpsuperdad said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:

Yes you are correct, I just found it also thank you all I was worried about my bike !

Well here is more !!!!just went out for a ride and it was buzzing while moving just taking off after that I can not hear if it is !

jjpsuperdad said:
jjpsuperdad said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:

Well here is more !!!!just went out for a ride and it was buzzing while moving just taking off after that I can not hear if it is !

Maybe you just found what is causing the vibration in the handle bars causing all the hand problems.    HAHAHAHA

ACR_SCOUT said:
jjpsuperdad said:
jjpsuperdad said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:

Maybe you just found what is causing the vibration in the handle bars causing all the hand problems.    HAHAHAHA

Hand problems ? I had a 2004 Concours and never had ANY hand problems AND THIS ONE FEEL LESS  HAHAHAHA  Man up Men! AND THIS ONE FEEL LESS  HAHAHAHA