• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hey guys I got my carbs resinstalled

Before the ruthless mocking begins:

1. Yes I know they’re installed upside down
2. Yes it has been fixed and they are now installed correctly
3. Yes I am a goddamn moron

Now you may proceed with said mockery.
Flip the bike upside down…

Well this IS a new one. Got yourself some good practice though!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I prefer biting wit and subtle sarcasm to mockery as that may suggest you are dim witted, which is surely not the case. Now if you want contradictions, those are down the hallway across from abuse and arguments.😁

Good job, you've done more than I would have so ride that thing and keep us posted on how it goes.

Cornponious, if it were me,,,,, I'd blame it on the guy that told ya how to do it that way.
I suspect that "2andblue" was your instructor.

PS: Look at it this way. With them installed that way, it will be EZ to adjust the floats and air mixture settings.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Cornponious, if it were me,,,,, I'd blame it on the guy that told ya how to do it.
I suspect that "2andblue" was your instructor.

PS: Look at it this way. With them installed that way, it will be EZ to adjust the floats and air mixture settings.

Ride safe, Ted
Knew there was a method to our madness; this was the workbench… lol

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I think there’s something else upside down, the speed selector ;)

1678406023-sans-titre.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never mounted carburetors upside down, but the gearshift, yes, and I found it odd that the gears were upside down, it was after putting up an engine, it was still on the bench :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: