• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

HFRO 2023

zgjim

Is the Hunt For Red October still on for this year? On the rally page, I can't find the tab to register.

Thanks

Hi Jim - Yes, the HFRO is still on. There is a placeholder on the event calendar, but we were waiting to finalize the details with the caterer before opening registration. I will follow-up with Dave McClurg to confirm the details. Look for registration to open within the next few days.

TCARS!

Mark

For those coming from Minneapolis to the HFRO, I will be heading out on Friday morning.

My son Tim will be riding with me on his Can-Am Ryker. Tim and I plan on leaving his house in St Paul Park at 9:00 am and will follow a meandering route to the Big Boar BBQ in West Salem and then on to the Don Q after lunch. We wil cross the river in Prescott.

If anyone wants to join us, Point Douglas Park would be a good meet point. The park is just before the Prescott bridge on the Minnesota side. I estimate we would be a the park between 9:15 and 9:30.

Post here or send me an email at beheiple@gmail.com if you plan to join us.

Last edited:
For those coming from Minneapolis to the HFRO, I will be heading out on Friday morning.

My son Tim will be riding with me on his Can-Am Ryker. Tim and I plan on leaving his house in St Paul Park at 9:00 am and will follow a meandering route to the Big Boar BBQ in West Salem and then on to the Don Q after lunch. We wil cross the river in Prescott.

If anyone wants to join us, Point Douglas Park would be a good meet point. The park is just before the Prescott bridge on the Minnesota side. I estimate we would be a the park between 9:15 and 9:30.

Post here or send me an email at beheiple@gmail.com if you plan to join us.
I’ll be there with any one else who wants to free wheel it down to Dodgeville.

I am planning to depart Arkansas on Monday to ride a great circle route to Dodgeville. Weather permitting, will spend Tuesday night in the Fargo, ND area and ride across Mn. and Wisc. to Iron River, Mi. on Wednesday. Had planned to go across the Mackinac Bridge and down to Ludington, Mi to take the steamship ferry across Lake Michigan, but I see from their website that the ferry is closed for the season. I think I will still go across the bridge and the double back to travel down the west side of the lake. Going to the bridge depends on favorable weather conditions of course. Should arrive at Dodgeville Friday afternoon.
Does anyone have suggestions for things to see along my planned route, or care to join me along the way? I have an interest in wxtreme bridges, not sure why. Just impressed by the sheer audacity of

Not sure what happened there, pushed the send button by mistake I guess.
Any way, I like large bridges.
If all goes well, see y'all on Friday.

TCARS
Jim

Stronie, Brad Esler and I will meet the group at Big Boar BBQ. Our route will depend on the weather. Looks like there could be some rain along the way. Hope to get far enough South to avoid it. Who knows, the weather people could be wrong once again.