• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hi all from central FL

Andy Panda

Hi all, new 2009 Concours 14 ABS owner here as of father's day 2011  :beerchug:(thanks to my wife for giving her blessing on the deal  :-*). I use to ride a 1999 BMW R1100 RT-P <----she was a retired CHP bike that I basically used to get through police motor school and later police motorcycle instructor school when the police department I was working for was in the process of putting together a motor unit (which got tossed later due to the economy  :(  :'(). The poor thing (beemer) has seen many falls so I decided to give her a real retirement and got a 2009 Connie. I love my new ride, although I miss riding a black and white where people just stay out of my way and stay off my tail, but am in the process of fine-tuning her with a few upgrades. I have to say this bike is awesome and is a completely new riding experience for me then again any 1999 bike vs a 2009 bike this is to be expected (unless you're talking strictly Harleys lol). Hope to get some good ideas and some guidance with what aftermarket parts are available while I'm here and of course make some new friends.  :) 

Welcome Andy... If you really miss the black and white you can trade for one of these.
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/police-motorcycle-kawasaki-concours-14-ABS

Welcome Andy,

I'm just west and south of you in Sarasota. Keep eyes out here in the forum, we get together once in a while for a lunch or breakfast

smithr-scad said:
Welcome Andy... If you really miss the black and white you can trade for one of these.
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/police-motorcycle-kawasaki-concours-14-ABS
Believe me I did make contact with Kawasaki Authority Motors about getting the police version but they advised that Corporate Kawasaki has a million or so rules (aka strings attached) because they are endorsing the police version. Unfortunately they cannot sell me a police bike directly, I would have to purchase it through my police department which I don't think is very koesher due to tax exempt status of the city and the fact I would not have been able to exchange the beemer. They also were not authorized to sell any of the police parts other than maybe the trunk and I could not get a definite answer on that either. In case you're wondering I even inquired about the mods, ie police wiring harness for dual battery set up-->no go!, turn radius mod and lowering--> no go! and finally the crash bars they ended up referring me to MC Enterprises. Wow! all I had to do to get a police beemer was produce my credentials and I was down the road on the beemer with full CHP equipment still attached and fuctional (which is required for the training courses). I have yet to give Probity a try but rumor has it they planned on making the parts available so we should know soon enough.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!! :) 

Andy Mom K has been known to read this forum.  Maybe they will read your comments and lighten up a bit.  Geee

Welcome Andy!  Its great to have another C14'er around CFL.  Mark the 27th down on your calendar.  The local COG'ers are going to Sleepy Hollow over in Floral City.  Great breakfast, and possibly even a better ride!!  Check out the calendar section of the main website or visit the "impromptu rides" portion of the forum and there will be some details! 

Holler if you need anything and we'll see ya on the  road!!  :beerchug: